Fifa 15

Andrew

Ah that's decent - they've got the Ultimate Team PS4 one for £52 - which is what I got it for anyway. Had a few hundred loyalty points from buying my PS4 to take off the bill. (£1.17 I think :lol: )

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this yesterday.

I'm really loving the improvements in gameplay & quality but I'm quite poor at it so far. My brother beat me 5 times. :lol:

The graphics are absolutely quality & the situations the game presents you with are a lot more realistic - especially regarding goalkeepers and chances in the box. The also seem to have the branding for most major leagues which is pretty cool when it comes to the Madrid derby or Milan derby etc.

I still haven't dabbled in FUT - I'm trying to sell players and the moment and I'm looking to sell to buy but it's hard to call as the market has naturally started with a proper silly season.

for Fut just make a solid starter team with decent chemistry, unless you are planning to really commit the market will make no sense at all for a few weeks.

I've set out a couple of squads I want to build in concept squads, liking the look of my dutch/eredivise team plan

I've just gone for a cheap team of non rare players from the same league. Build from there then. The non rares should cost roughly discard price, so you'll never lose money on them. From there, go for a few upgrades when you've won some coins(use the coin booster from the ea catalogue).

If you go with this method you should be safe. Aim for an unpopular league for better bargains. Portuguese for example. Avoid the PL anyway.

I've currently got this Serie A team > https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=crPsMT2WnLnyB:ps3

I have W3/D2/L2 but I'm finding the defending very difficult. A lot of the time I can have players in the box whilst the opponent is attacking and they are quite happy to do nothing whilst they score. It's weird.

It's pretty hard to win the ball back & even when you get a foot on it chances are it doesn't role far enough from the player for them to lose it or it will merely go to another member of the opposition - which contrasts with me trying to keep the ball - it seems to be easy to lose. I'm also fairly easy to get past.

So yeah - frustrating but that's FUT. In addition all my packs have been embarrassingly shite. :lol:

I spent a little money (shame on me) on Saturday and pulled a few good pricey players all of whom I sold since they won't stay pricey, defenders going for 30k + is mad.

So I have my eredivise team, I've had one for the last few years made of largely the same players, started out as an all silvers team but quite a lot of them are getting better so they've gone up. I got robben as my starting loan to put into that team, of his 3 games there was 1 I managed to do well with him in but thats more my problem because I'm shite, can't defend to save my life.

I have a ligue 1 team that I stuck together yesterday which is this http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/2182199/ not used it a lot but it plays nice, made tons of chances but I also can't finish for shit at the moment.

I have about 100k left but I'm hanging on to that until I'm better and something crops up that I really want to use.

Looks pretty good - the finishing on FUT seems different from the regular game mind. Although they've made lobbing the 'keeper harder it's a lot easier to go round the,.

I put £12 in but I'm going to use it gradually - when the Happy Hour packs are released - whenever that is. First two gold packs I bought were very poor.

I used Bale for a few games but I'm using a diamond not wingers so it wasn't ideal - although he did kick arse. I'm taking my time with the loans - especially the Messi loan. Played a guy who had Bale, Ramsey,Lewandowski, Sterling, all on loan ffs.

I crumbled and bought an Xbox One with this on Friday. As I've got a three month old, I've only manged to get a couple of hours on it over the weekend. Probably not the wisest purchase I've ever made. Hadn't even considered getting one until a lad at work reminded me that FIFA had come out. :lol:

Dipped back into FUT, and ended up sinking another tenner into it. Used to limit myself to a fiver a week a few years back, but I'm determined not to start that carry on again. In any case, as usual, best player I got was Cazorla, but I somehow managed to scrabble together enough to build a French team. Wanted Remy up top, but he's going for silly amounts, 30k+. Ended up with Lacazette instead, who has been absolutely brilliant. Griezmann was pretty cheap too, which was a shock. Sweaty old Biabiany in there as well, of course.

Edited by Inochi

:lol: I know. In my defence, there aren't many other French right wingers in the game! My intention is to convert Lacazette to a right winger, and buy Remy. But that isn't happening any time soon, and I wanted 100 chemistry.

That's how I justified it to myself, anyway.

You can't convert central players to wide, unless he gets an IF as a right sider that isn't happening.

considering building this http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/2198258/ had a TOTS Perez on 14 and he was just amazing, one of my favourite players to use last year, quite like the look of that, seem like it will have a decent balance and should be less than 50k to put together

Hatem's a shout, actually. Play 4-3-3, so need wingers with a fair bit of pace and attacking threat. I'll have to shell out on an RM>RW card, but hopefully he won't be too expensive. Sissoko just seemed too cumbersome when I played a few Seasons games. Cabella is good fun, mind.

This is my team as it is, anyway:

http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/2200442/

Idea is to replace Sakho with Koscielny, and add Remy. Pogba is a loan, so he'll likely be silly money to replace.

Edited by Inochi

he is a fair bit aye

Quite a few people are saying that without a single CDM in front of the defence this year you're going to have problems but Im having them regardless :razz:

My first properly lag-free game (from about 10 attempts), I get into a 3-0 lead...

... and I get another server disconnection (EA/FIFA servers, not PSN).

I've found it to be an awful experience so far online. Gameplay lag, menu lag, twats disconnecting when you go in front, random server disconnects, no changes I actually like in UT, Seasons results not counting despite the match finishing....

Not to mention people (myself included) exploiting the new defending system which at the moment feels like a gamebreaker, since it is so easy to cut inside/run past people (yourself included). I know how to defend in this game, I don't think I'm ignorant of how to deal with certain situations but I still find it overly difficult once you play against attackers with pace.

It feels like in every game it's been a case of through ball to pacey striker (when I'm attacking, usually Aubameyang), or just bomb wingers forward. Just read Bramwell's decent article on the main site and I agree that there just isn't much variety to how the game is being played online.

Honestly wish I'd left getting this for a week or two, whilst the server/netcode/imbalances get sorted out. Rather be playing 14, and I think I just might sooner rather than later. This just isn't very fun or very satisfying and I don't think the varying amounts of lag I've come across have any effect on that sentiment.

I've not encountered any lag in games yet, played 10 or 15 games online.

Couldn't tell you how many times its failed to find an opponent though.

There was one enjoyable disconnect right at kickoff that game me my boosted +1000 match coins despite that perk having just expired.

Must not have hit their counters as a match since I used no contracts either, wish I could recreate it :razz: