NUFC plan to install giant Sports Direct Advertisement Screen

Christmas Tree

I think it's great news actually and always think they look good in other grounds when I've seen them on TV.

I've wondered if the instant replays effect crowd atmosphere. Ie if it's confirmed immediately that "we were robbed" etc

It will only impact atmosphere negatively.

If it's a close call it would get the crowd ire up without the need of a replay. Confirmation we were jipped would only maintain what hostility we already have.

Confirmation the ref was spot-on disappates what hostility has been generated.

No win...except for Sports Direct, of course.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only ground I've been to that suits one is Wembley - possibly San Siro but both were executed with a bit of class.

The screens at Bolton, Upton Park, Goodison Park & White Hart Lane etc all look fucking shit & I'd expect the same of the Sports Direct screen.It might help those up in the gods but it's not my cup of tea.

Is that because it's the wrong place or size ???

yve4u5ap.jpg

Is that because it's the wrong place or size ???

I just think it looks shit tbh. Not sure that one has replays on btw - just team news which I can see with my eyes because I'm at the match.

I think it's great news actually and always think they look good in other grounds when I've seen them on TV.

I've wondered if the instant replays effect crowd atmosphere. Ie if it's confirmed immediately that "we were robbed" etc

Never seen this coming.

I just think it looks shit tbh. Not sure that one has replays on btw - just team news which I can see with my eyes because I'm at the match.

:lol: They're just fucking pointless imo, you can't show proper replays and half the time it'd just be distracting anyway, team news is pointless as everyone already has it on their phones or seen it on the concourse tv's before taking their seat and showing the score is also pointless as it's not exactly hard to keep track of the score at the match. On top of all that they're an eyesore like you say unless they are done in a certain way, which is the opposite way to what Ashley will have done.

Ftao CT: the scoreboard was at the gallowgate end. No need to thank me, glad I could help :good:

ScoreboardatStJamesParka.jpg

If you look carefully you can see CT in amongst that lot, in spirit, trudging through the 80's, just back from Ibiza where he danced till sunset to the Birdie Song and Club Tropicana.