Q&A Session With An LFC Fan. Your Help Required!!

KRISHALDO

Hi all,

Ant said it would be OK to post on here.

I write for a Liverpool website called The Tomkins Times. Each season we do a preview asking fans of other clubs a few questions about their summer and the expectations for the season ahead.

If you have time, it’d be great to have your opinion on a few questions (as long or short as you’d like!):

How did you feel about your team’s performance last season?

What are your expectations for this season in the league and cups?

How do you think your summer transfers make you better/worse?

Were there any positions/players you wished you had strengthened/signed?

Is your manager the right man to take you forward?

What are your thoughts on Liverpool and where will we finish?

It’d be great to have your opinion and I’m happy to return the favour!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Krish

Edited by KRISHALDO

Hi all,

I write for a Liverpool website called The Tomkins Times. Each season we do a preview asking fans of other clubs a few questions about their summer and the expectations for the season ahead.

If you have time, itd be great to have your opinion on a few questions (as long or short as youd like!):

How did you feel about your teams performance last season?

Started well, thanks mainly to Remy's goals. Stopped playing after Christmas when we all but secured top flight status and Cabaye was sold without being replaced. Relegation form from then on, gutless performances. The owner sent a message that he didn't care and the players followed suit.

We will do just enough to survive. Ashley might sanction some January window panic buys if we're really struggling but all he's really arsed about is we don't go down and he'll gamble we have enough in the squad to keep us up. Early exits in both cups. The club confirmed in the summer that they're not a priority and that early exits aren't a bad thing as they distract from the main goal of surviving in the league.

Marginally stronger in midfield than second half of last season after losing Cabaye but that was before de Jong picked up a 4 month injury. Weaker up front and in defence after losing mbiwa, Ben Arfa and Remy and not replacing them with players of similar talent or experience, or at all in Mbiwa's case.

We were crying out for a proven goal scorer after losing Remy. We got this Rivière kid from Monaco, who so far looks like a shot shy target man at best.

You're taking the piss with this one, right? :lol:

good signings, you'll miss Suarez though. Balotelli a talent but unlikely to guarantee as many goals as the bucked tooth animal from Uruguay. Seems almost as mentally unhinged so at least you've tried to plug that gap. I think you've got a decent chance of top 4 again but unlikely to challenge for the title like last season. Citeh and Chelsea look too strong this year. Last year was your golden chance.

Itd be great to have your opinion and Im happy to return the favour!

my opinion is next time you lot moan about your club, just be thankful you don't support our lot! In a football landscape dominated by dodgy owners, we have one of the worst.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Last time I spent a good 25 minutes coming up with amusing and entertaining responses for one of these my entire submission was distilled to 'Pardew is a cunt' or something. So I'm out.

If you want, you can say 'Pardew is a cunt' though, obviously.

Hi all,

If you have time, itd be great to have your opinion on a few questions (as long or short as youd like!):

How did you feel about your teams performance last season?

Started well, thanks mainly to Remy's goals. Stopped playing after Christmas when we all but secured top flight status and Cabaye was sold without being replaced. Relegation form from then on, gutless performances. The owner sent a message that he didn't care and the players followed suit.

We will do just enough to survive. Ashley might sanction some January window panic buys if we're really struggling but all he's really arsed about is we don't go down and he'll gamble we have enough in the squad to keep us up. Early exits in both cups. The club confirmed in the summer that they're not a priority and that early exits aren't a bad thing as they distract from the main goal of surviving in the league.

Marginally stronger in midfield than second half of last season after losing Cabaye but that was before de Jong picked up a 4 month injury. Weaker up front and in defence after losing mbiwa, Ben Arfa and Remy and not replacing them with players of similar talent or experience, or at all in Mbiwa's case.

Were there any positions/players you wished you had strengthened/signed?[/colour]

We were crying out for a proven goal scorer after losing Remy. We got this Rivière kid from Monaco, who so far looks like a shot shy target man at best.

You're taking the piss with this one, right? :lol:

good signings, you'll miss Suarez though. Balotelli a talent but unlikely to guarantee as many goals as the bucked tooth animal from Uruguay. Seems almost as mentally unhinged so at least you've tried to plug that gap. I think you've got a decent chance of top 4 again but unlikely to challenge for the title like last season. Citeh and Chelsea look too strong this year. Last year was your golden chance.

Itd be great to have your opinion and Im happy to return the favour!

my opinion is next time you lot moan about your club, just be thankful you don't support our lot! In a football landscape dominated by dodgy owners, we have one of the worst.

Krish

+1

Hi all,
If you have time, it’d be great to have your opinion on a few questions (as long or short as you’d like!):
Reasonable till December then up with the worst five months in our history. We had a chance of CL football in December, but sold our best player and that was it disaster.
17th. Early exits from both cups
Just the same no better no worse, mediocre
We needed a top class striker, fucking idiots
Is he fuck but neither is the owner
By far and away the most cuntish club in any sport worldwide. I think however people saying you'll do far worse this season are wrong, I think 3rd which IS over-achievement for a club like Liverpool these days, but there's only Chelsea and Man City got better squads.
No problem!
Krish

Yeah we hate Pardew and we hate Ashley even more.

1.) Good start to the season that with the selling of Cabaye led to a rubbish second half of the season we only didn't get relegated because of Remy's goals.

2.) Mid table or less anywhere between 10th & 17th also early cup exits just more of the same really.

3.) We've gone backwards regarding players we've sold talented players and brought in cheaper untried (in the premiership) options

4.) We should have signed a marquee striker something that we're desperate for.

5.) Ha ha ha ha

6.) I think you'll finish in the top 4

Hi all,
Krish

1. The first half of the season was decent, we were doing very well in the league but, yet again, Pardew sacrificed any progress in the cup for survival. Them we lost our best player in January and didn't replace him and more importantly, we didn't change the way we played. We were awful and our post Christmas form could well have had us relegated if we hadn't started so brightly.

2. Before the window closed I honestly thought we'd finish top half, and if the new signings bedded in quickly we could even challenge for one of the Europa League spots. When the window closed and we failed to sign a striker of note or a centre half and in fact got rid of our most maverick attacker and most promising centre back instead... well I'm of the belief we'll be bottom 3 by Xmas, sign a few extra faces and end up around 14th-16th. Rinse and repeat for next year if Ashley doesn't learn the lesson.

3. As I touched on the players we brought in did initially look like we were serious about improving our 1st team, unfortunately the players that left were in key areas. Remy, Ben Arfa, and Mbiwa will be big misses in my opinion. We're still lacking a goal scorer and with Siem De Jong out for months, we could really struggle to find the net. Ironically the biggest threat we have is a young lad who came through the academy. To more accurately answer your question; Cabella and De Jong should make our midfield more creative, Colback looks surprisingly decent and is an upgrade on Gosling/Guthrie and so we're decent in the centre, but we're much weaker up front in terms of quality and weaker in terms of depth at the back.

4. Covered this with regards to players, but the biggest problem is the manager.

5. Ashley might keep the purse strings tight, fine, whatever, I can be convinced of the merit or demerit of that. What I cannot be convinced of is Pardew's worth. Some managers are tactically limited but work wonders in the backrooms, fluffing fragile egos of teenage millionaires, some managers are gruff and unflinching on the training field, but who cares, because they get results born of sound tactical nous. Pardew is a one trick pony, and that pony that needs turning to glue. He's an odious cunt off the pitch and an embarrassment on it. Did you know, for example, that 14.4% of all games under Alan Pardew have ended in a loss by >2, bear in mind that one of those season we finished 5th. He's a catastrophe and can't even speak properly; "we was awways gonna struggle to match ver fret". It's got fuck all to do with him being from London, it's got nothing to do with the made up "high expectations of the Geordies", it's just that he's a terrible manager and a massive cunt.

6. Was surprised by some of the signings (Lambert etc), but Balotelli is a bargain and I'm a big fan of Can. Not sure if you'll finish as strongly as you did last time round, but you've strengthened some of the weak links and you've done your best to replace a player who for all his faults (and there were fucking loads) was the linchpin for your side. It'll be interesting to see how many games Gerrard can play and if Sturridge works as well with lesser players as he did with Suarez. I reckon top 4, but you'll struggle in the other competitions, simply because those you've drafted in to fatten out the squad need to gel.

Hi all,
Cringeworthy and an utter embarrassment after Christmas.
I expect an awful season, plenty more embarrassments and am painfully aware we don't compete in cup runs anymore under this regime.
A little worse despite a couple of looking tidy players, key areas again untouched, we've just re-cycled the Cabaye/Debuchy money.
No PL club needs a striker more than we do, we are the worst goalscorers of 2014 across the leagues.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Think you'll be top 4 and could do well in the CL with a bit of luck. My thoughts on LFC? Far too many gloryhunters and ex-players as pundits on the TV and wireless. Most Scousers are decent enough lads or so I've found apart from the odd exceptions.
Krish

Hi all,
How did you feel about your team’s performance last season? Started well and then business as usual
What are your expectations for this season in the league and cups? None
How do you think your summer transfers make you better/worse? Too many buys with zero EPL experience.
Were there any positions/players you wished you had strengthened/signed? Striker and centre back
Is your manager the right man to take you forward? Definitely not.
What are your thoughts on Liverpool and where will we finish? Should make top 4 although it could be difficult with injury prone Sturridge.
Krish