The Club is for sale

Anorthernsoul

I've said it before every fortnight theres roughly a 2 hour Sports Direct advert played to a worldwide audience for free. The sales off it must be astronomical I can't see him giving it up. Oh and there's a game of football played in front of 50,000 people but Ashley's not arsed about that as long as they keep handing him their money.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we don't have any club shop revenue any more? Does that still count as taking no money from the club? Seems backwards to me. He owns 60ish% of SD and 100% of NUFC. Why give SD the revenue?

Because he hates you and all other disabled horse punching maggot penis Newcastle supporters.

So we don't have any club shop revenue any more? Does that still count as taking no money from the club? Seems backwards to me. He owns 60ish% of SD and 100% of NUFC. Why give SD the revenue?

Revenue is irrelevant, it's about the bottom line.

Have we ever been off the market?

Well, exactly. Or rather, there is no market but the club is always for sale. Finding someone meeting the price and having enough left over to take us forward on the other hand...

The thing is the club is unrealistically priced when you add on the loan. I definitely think it's one of his ploys he can say "I know your unhappy so I've put it back up for sale but nobodys interested" we all know he could write that loan off today (it's a drop in the ocean for him) and make the club more buyable. But he wont this club has earned him a fortune and I can't see him letting it slide through his sausage fingers.

If he wrote of the loan it would be a fairer price I always thought he'd want about £280 million for the club £150 for the club & £130 for the never ending loan. It doesn't really matter as he's not really selling he's looking to fill a few of the boxes for the next 10 years.

3 x revenue is the starting point of any valuation

Given that Fulham went for £150m-£200m I don't think that £230m is an unfair price.

FTSE index is around 6.5k today which is where it was in 2007. Since the club was valued on the market at 135m ish back then, it should be at least that.

Then you add in value growth in the sector and the fact that football has been largely resilient to the broader economic trends in 2008 -2011 (+ massive growth in TV revenue) and its easy to put a valuation of 200m+ on us. If that's a debt free price with a wage/turnover ratio of < 70% with a squad capable of staying in the premiership, i think there would be buyers.

Article quotes £129m of debt from most recent accounts, but that should be down to £111m now.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the club has repaid more than the stated £18m since the last set of accounts were published.

The £134m it cost him to buy the club plus whatever the debt is means that he wouldn't be up much at the claimed asking price of £230m.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the club has repaid more than the stated £18m since the last set of accounts were published.

The £134m it cost him to buy the club plus whatever the debt is means that he wouldn't be up much at the claimed asking price of £230m.

That's what I'm waiting to have confirmed.

The one dim light of optimism for me is that the £111m remains ringfenced as promised and the money the club earns is spent within the club.

If he starts chopping away at the larger debt the 5 years we've waited to be self-financing and able to afford better players/managers starts all over again.

He's unlikely to sell put a little sing song of you "southern rotund born out of wedlock get out of our club" at the Hull game will give him a little reminder of how we still feel . Oh and dont forget the white headed weasle faced fucker too FANKS

The value of the club is around 250m without the 'debt'. So the Edwards figures are made up if his price evaluation includes the debt..He implies that MA would accept his buying price plus the debt...That doesn't sound like Ashley at all...In Dubai he held out for 400m and turned up late for 2 meetings. This is a puff piece, I suspect put out by 'the club' to give us all something else to think about instead of continuing the pressure on P45due.

People talking about using the CL as a vehicle for SD (with Rangers) haven't read the advertising rules for the CL and its 8 key sponsors.