John Carver

Tooj

It's us vs them mentality. The entire club just has fuck all respect for the fans. Ashley ignores them, Pardew blames them, Carver wants to fight them, lies from every level. The club has never been further from the fans who made it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be funny if a bunch of nutters turned up at training saying they had an appointment with John Carver.

"Hi John, this is reception here. There's a Mr Conroy and Mr Sayers here to see you...."

I said after his antics at Wigan the other year he should have been sacked for gross professional misconduct; this is just the same pugilistic idiocy turned in on itself.

What do I imagine the club will do? Absolutely nothing; after all Carver's words are just the hierarchy's philosophy put into practice.

Probably not but you unfurl the banners if you're 2-0 after 20 minutes. To start protesting during the warm up is to will your team to lose and from Carver's POV you can understand why he's pissed off.

What I find ludicrous about the whole Pardew situation is that his fate seemingly rests on the Hull game now, as though that result should make a difference as to how capable he is when it comes to managing the team. I'm sure you'll agree so the supporters unfurling the banner before the match is an equally valid example of their looking at the bigger picture, no?

Anyway, I think Carver knows anyone who comes in would want rid of the shitty coaching staff, which explains his reaction (not that it makes it any more acceptable or less stupid).

Aye. You'd be massive hypocrite if you only get you're Pardew out banner out if we start losing. Its not a game by game opinion to want him gone, its been formed over the past 18 months. Im all for having the banners out b4 kick off.

I'm not saying that the fans with the banners are guilty of treason, they are of course completely right in their demands that Pardew get the boot. My point was more that I can understand why Carver, as a member of the coaching staff, was pissed off that fans were calling for Pardew's (and essentially his) head before a ball was kicked. However, going down and remonstrating with the guys who had traveled 300 miles to watch the match probably wasn't the classiest move and unlikely to be helpful in getting them back on side.

For me the Pardew out banners should have been on show from the first game of the season (and the friendlies for that matter). I'm all for avoiding kneejerk sackings and having some stability but the man has shown himself to be a completely incapable manager. He doesn't have bad spells, he's shite most of the time, with the odd good spell.

The new signings got him a bit of extra time that he blatently didn't warrant.

I can understand Carver being worried for his job but there is litterally no excuse for his actions. But since there's been little to no media attention on this I don't doubt that he'll keep his job at least as long as Pardew does.

Liked the bit about losing a mornings earnings - my geographical knowledge of NT is admittedly hazy but Shiremoor to the training ground is what - 5 minutes at most?

:lol: Well spotted. It's about 3 mile away.

There's no way he's younger than me. Nearer me fathers age.

I took the missed a mornings takings to be from Saturday rather than a trip along whitley road. Maybe I'm mistaken though.

Well, that wouldn't make sense anyway, seeing as it would be all-day on Saturday for a trip to Southampton and back. And you'd make considerably more on a Saturday night than a Saturday morning. Fair play to him calling Carver's bluff though.