Lads, how come CARR is escaping the flak and Pardew is......

accadacca

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous to start giving a scout tasked with signing dirt cheap world beaters any stick. I never bought into any of that superscout shit anyway, though.

so why did FMA give Carr an 8 year deal then ? Because he thinks he's a superscout in your words - thats why.

Carr recommends all players - do you really think Pardew does scouting along with all his other tasks ??

Playing to the strengths of players and not trying to enforce your outdated hoofball strategy would probably help some of them as well...

Totally. That's why I feel a bit guilty being critical of the likes Riviere....Think he's had 2 chances in four games. Missed the target completey from 10 yards mind. :lol:

so why did FMA give Carr an 8 year deal then ? Because he thinks he's a superscout in your words - thats why.

Carr recommends all players - do you really think Pardew does scouting along with all his other tasks ??

Carr is tasked with finding players with resale value. Pardew is tasked with keeping us in the top flight with the players provided.

Which one isn't doing their job?

Carr is tasked with finding players with resale value. Pardew is tasked with keeping us in the top flight with the players provided.

Which one isn't doing their job?

fkin hell, you believe that do you ??

Carr is tasked with finding players that match criteria set by ashley so forget the likes of Remy, the Swansea fella, the guy that went to Dortmund etc - way out of the price bracket.

you think Carr has delivered for Pardew eh ? As soon as Cabaye and Debuchy proved themsleves they were off - Cisse has gone backwards since his inital half season, Tiote too has regressed, and look at all the failures - Obertan, Marveaux, Amalfitano, Mbiwa {and dont anyone try and tell me he was PL class - he wasnt even as good as Taylor} and no doubt a few others whom I cant think of.

Pardew has been hamstrung by Ashley, Kinnear and Carr - his record with WHU and the Toon in the PL is not bad - way better than Bruce { what a disastrous appointment he'd be as would Laudrup}, and everyone forgets the 5th place.

The enforced selling of Ba bollocksed things up - I suppose that was Pardew's fault was it ??? The same with Cabaye ?? Yeah, he acts like a tit sometimes and has made an arse of himself on a few occasions, but the way he is being condemned when he has been so obviously and glaringly constrained by the way Ashley wants things done, is a total embarrassment.

And to all those who think I'm related to Pardew, or a Pardew apologist, give yer heeds a shake and look at WHAT LIES BEHIND THE RESULTS ffs :blush2:

What lies behind the results is a terrible fraud of a manager who has presided over the most thumpings and certainly many of our most pathetic, abject performances, in PL history. All that's saved us from relegation the last 2 seasons has been a 15-goal a season striker to get Pardew out of jail. Now that they're gone, we see the truth about him - that he is a nothing manager, a footballing dinosaur who has lost the respect of both players and fans, and who not only deserves the sack many times over, but for whom it would be an act of mercy. His aspect on Saturday was of an utterly defeated man. I would be surprised if NUFC even picked up another point while he remains in charge. He is plainly finished and everyone knows it.

What lies behind the results is a terrible fraud of a manager who has presided over the most thumpings and certainly many of our most pathetic, abject performances, in PL history. All that's saved us from relegation the last 2 seasons has been a 15-goal a season striker to get Pardew out of jail. Now that they're gone, we see the truth about him - that he is a nothing manager, a footballing dinosaur who has lost the respect of both players and fans, and who not only deserves the sack many times over, but for whom it would be an act of mercy. His aspect on Saturday was of an utterly defeated man. I would be surprised if NUFC even picked up another point while he remains in charge. He is plainly finished and everyone knows it.

So how do you explain the top 5 finish ??

Pardew had had the rug pulled from under him every season he has been here beginning with Carroll and ending {so far} with Mbiwa, with the likes of BA and CABAYE in between.

He has bent over backwards with HBA to no avail {look at his past record with managers} and he is getting a ludicrous amount of stick for that.

Injuries havent helped either - Colocinni has had long spells out for the last 3 seasons and he is key as the other 2 planks just aren't up to it.Mbiwa was probably shipped out to save 30k on the wage bill and we just dont know if Carr recommended replacements and whether or not they were vetoed or werent available/get-able.

Without doubt, AP is a dead man walking, but I have a suspicion that Hull will be put to the sword next week, but this constant and totally unreasonable blaming of Pardew for everything is just hysteria of the worst kind.

Ashely is the main culprit - the constraints put on transfers, wages etc do not help one iota, whilst Carr's judgment NOT Pardew's has not been good recently though he has had some real successes given the combined profit made on Cabaye and Debuchy of £20m.

Does anyone on here think Pardew has the ultimate veto when Carr and Charnley report to Ashley on a player and then they pull in Pardew to discuss Riviere, Cabella, Ferrereya etc ???

This was always going to be a tough season as there doesnt appear to be a team that will be a whipping boy, and replacing Remy's goals was always going to be very difficult - everyone is looking for a 15 goal a season striker, everyone, but we'll see how difficult that job is at the end of the season when the players with 15 PL goals will probably all be revealed as playing for top 6 sides. Not getting Remy is NOT Pardew's fault - he clearly stated he wanted a Chapions League team - why don't people get that ???

There'll be 10 teams battling to avoid the drop up til the last 2 weeks of the season as most teams outside the top 7 are very much a ''muchness''.

One thing for sure is that if the atmosphere is pure poison next week, Hull will be the only beneficiaries, and anyone who claims they want a defeat so that it could hasten Pardew's exit is NOT a fan in my book.

Well said. I don't see how we can adequately judge the signings without a half decent manager and coaching staff in charge.

as I've asked before, explain the top 5 finish then - was his coaching not good then or was it all pure luck ???

everyone shouting for Laudrup, Pulis and Bruce - when did they ever get a top 5 finish ? How often did Moyes achieve that ??

Edited by accadacca

Btw, Carr's nearly 70, probably doing most of the European scouting on his own. When he inevitably retires due to age or whatever, I wonder what the contingency plan is (I'm guessing there isn't one).

#Planning

as I've asked before, explain the top 5 finish then - was his coaching not good then or was it all pure luck ???

everyone shouting for Laudrup, Pulis and Bruce - when did they ever get a top 5 finish ? How often did Moyes achieve that ??

No I dont think hes a good coach then or now. The top 5 finish is the aberration not the rule and not indicative of his talent as a coach....for me its in the same bracket as his FA Cup final with WHU....a streaky one off.

But thats academic really because he's really shit now and looks like hes lost both the dressing room and the supporters. So its time to go regardless of how hard done by he is.

fkin hell, you believe that do you ??

Carr is tasked with finding players that match criteria set by ashley so forget the likes of Remy, the Swansea fella, the guy that went to Dortmund etc - way out of the price bracket.

you think Carr has delivered for Pardew eh ? As soon as Cabaye and Debuchy proved themsleves they were off - Cisse has gone backwards since his inital half season, Tiote too has regressed, and look at all the failures - Obertan, Marveaux, Amalfitano, Mbiwa {and dont anyone try and tell me he was PL class - he wasnt even as good as Taylor} and no doubt a few others whom I cant think of.

Pardew has been hamstrung by Ashley, Kinnear and Carr - his record with WHU and the Toon in the PL is not bad - way better than Bruce { what a disastrous appointment he'd be as would Laudrup}, and everyone forgets the 5th place.

The enforced selling of Ba bollocksed things up - I suppose that was Pardew's fault was it ??? The same with Cabaye ?? Yeah, he acts like a tit sometimes and has made an arse of himself on a few occasions, but the way he is being condemned when he has been so obviously and glaringly constrained by the way Ashley wants things done, is a total embarrassment.

And to all those who think I'm related to Pardew, or a Pardew apologist, give yer heeds a shake and look at WHAT LIES BEHIND THE RESULTS ffs :blush2:

I don't think you get it.

It's like you've (Ashley) asked me for a list of good restaurants, I come back with a comprehensive choice ranging from Michelin Star eateries, to grimy shitholes.

It's not my fault if you (Ashley) plump for Chicken Cottage. But if Pardew's job is to get the food from whichever restaurant Ashley chooses and eat it, it doesn't help when he's trying to do that by repeatedly smashing the bucket of wings into the window of passing bus.

Carr doesn't buy, sell, coach or motivate the players. He just finds them.

He finds them, Ashley (through Charnley) buys and sells them, Pardew "coaches" & "motivates" them. (Pardew might suggest players he wants shot of).