Lads, how come CARR is escaping the flak and Pardew is......

accadacca

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, Carr's nearly 70, probably doing most of the European scouting on his own. When he inevitably retires due to age or whatever, I wonder what the contingency plan is (I'm guessing there isn't one).

#Planning

2299491c-4f52-47f4-9611-8e2dfd05df67.jpg

5) Pardew up against it at Newcastle

To an extent Alan Pardew is a patsy. He was not responsible for selling Yohan Cabaye, whose departure seemed to spread disillusionment among the rest of the squad, nor is he the main influence on transfers. It is not his fault that Fabricio Coloccini, for example, looks to be in terminal decline and Newcastle do not have a better centre-back on their books. You could even cut Pardew some slack over the loss of Hatem Ben Arfa given that the Frenchman has a habit of falling foul of managers. However, Pardew is not entirely powerless: he can affect the team’s tactics and mindset and should be able to inspire displays of cohesion, energy and drive. There was little sign of such qualities during Saturday’s abysmal performance at St Mary’s against a team that have lost more key players than Newcastle in recent months. The manager may not be the biggest problem at Newcastle but it is increasingly difficult to make a case for him being part of the solution. Paul Doyle

5) Pardew up against it at Newcastle

To an extent Alan Pardew is a patsy. He was not responsible for selling Yohan Cabaye, whose departure seemed to spread disillusionment among the rest of the squad, nor is he the main influence on transfers. It is not his fault that Fabricio Coloccini, for example, looks to be in terminal decline and Newcastle do not have a better centre-back on their books. You could even cut Pardew some slack over the loss of Hatem Ben Arfa given that the Frenchman has a habit of falling foul of managers. However, Pardew is not entirely powerless: he can affect the team’s tactics and mindset and should be able to inspire displays of cohesion, energy and drive. There was little sign of such qualities during Saturday’s abysmal performance at St Mary’s against a team that have lost more key players than Newcastle in recent months. The manager may not be the biggest problem at Newcastle but it is increasingly difficult to make a case for him being part of the solution. Paul Doyle

fair comment

I don't think you get it.

It's like you've (Ashley) asked me for a list of good restaurants, I come back with a comprehensive choice ranging from Michelin Star eateries, to grimy shitholes.

It's not my fault if you (Ashley) plump for Chicken Cottage. But if Pardew's job is to get the food from whichever restaurant Ashley chooses and eat it, it doesn't help when he's trying to do that by repeatedly smashing the bucket of wings into the window of passing bus.

Carr doesn't buy, sell, coach or motivate the players. He just finds them.

He finds them, Ashley (through Charnley) buys and sells them, Pardew "coaches" & "motivates" them. (Pardew might suggest players he wants shot of).

a weird but amusing analogy thanks !!!!

Got to disagree - Pardew presumably tells Carr what positions he is looking to fill. Carr then recommends players to Charnley who then mulls it over with Ashley, who then tells Pardew who he is getting for the position{s} he asked them to fill. I would doubt VERY MUCH if Pardew is allowed to say '' sorry lads I don't want him''. He'll probably just be glad there's a body coming in !!!

IF those players then prove to be 2nd rate, is it then Pardew's fault for bad coaching ?? Come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cabella was so highly rated, no one else was after him despite the Bundesliga, Serie A and the Spanish League being on their doorstep. I honestly can't see him making it but time will tell as it will with Riviere, Perez, Ferrerya, the 2 Forest lads, Janmatt and Colback who I am convinced was only signed to wind the mackems up. He is a very average footballer and the thought of him getting £50k per week really does sicken me.

Tbf, Pardew has the air of someone who is expecting the sack - and if the players really want him there, they will pull out a result v a very ordinary Hull. If they lose, it will prove that they dont want him there, and go he will. I wont shed any tears whatsoever, BUT as I've said, to just give him the shit when others are involved is wrong, but I do understand why emotions are running so high. And the news that Ashley is in place until at least MAY 2016, just deepens the depression.

So how do you explain the top 5 finish ??

Pardew had had the rug pulled from under him every season he has been here beginning with Carroll and ending {so far} with Mbiwa, with the likes of BA and CABAYE in between.

He has bent over backwards with HBA to no avail {look at his past record with managers} and he is getting a ludicrous amount of stick for that.

Injuries havent helped either - Colocinni has had long spells out for the last 3 seasons and he is key as the other 2 planks just aren't up to it.Mbiwa was probably shipped out to save 30k on the wage bill and we just dont know if Carr recommended replacements and whether or not they were vetoed or werent available/get-able.

Without doubt, AP is a dead man walking, but I have a suspicion that Hull will be put to the sword next week, but this constant and totally unreasonable blaming of Pardew for everything is just hysteria of the worst kind.

Ashely is the main culprit - the constraints put on transfers, wages etc do not help one iota, whilst Carr's judgment NOT Pardew's has not been good recently though he has had some real successes given the combined profit made on Cabaye and Debuchy of £20m.

Does anyone on here think Pardew has the ultimate veto when Carr and Charnley report to Ashley on a player and then they pull in Pardew to discuss Riviere, Cabella, Ferrereya etc ???

This was always going to be a tough season as there doesnt appear to be a team that will be a whipping boy, and replacing Remy's goals was always going to be very difficult - everyone is looking for a 15 goal a season striker, everyone, but we'll see how difficult that job is at the end of the season when the players with 15 PL goals will probably all be revealed as playing for top 6 sides. Not getting Remy is NOT Pardew's fault - he clearly stated he wanted a Chapions League team - why don't people get that ???

There'll be 10 teams battling to avoid the drop up til the last 2 weeks of the season as most teams outside the top 7 are very much a ''muchness''.

One thing for sure is that if the atmosphere is pure poison next week, Hull will be the only beneficiaries, and anyone who claims they want a defeat so that it could hasten Pardew's exit is NOT a fan in my book.

Are you from Boldon?

I'd be tempted to give Pardew a tiny piece of slack regarding having players sold and not having much say, however the fact he regularly goes out of his way to fank Mike and the feeling that he knew what he was getting into means I wont even give him that. The man is a prick and shows no respect to the fans of the club, his fellow managers, rival teams players etc he deserves no respect, he's a piece of shit.

As I've said before blaming a 70 year old man who is the only scout we have isn't fair, this is possibly the only team he has been at that has had so few scouts and I'm including Northampton in that. We've no idea who he comes up with, he has given them options like Grenier, Bony, Aubemeyeng, Douglas etc very recently so he is doing his job and finding players. He had found Douglas on a free and Kinnear completely ballsed that up. Pardew on the other hand fucked up a League one job and was given a Premiership side to manage. I can't watch any more of this fraud of a managers brand of football, I wont take finishing 5th away from him, luck, skill whatever it was a good achievement, but that was 3 seasons ago now and he has done a utterly average job up until the last 18 month which have been a total disaster.

I think everyone who is involved with the football at Newcastle United deserves to be questioned as to their effectiveness tbh. Ashley of course is the biggest problem (all but the mentally impared agree on that), but Charnley, Pardew, Carver, Carr and the players can all be questioned as to how successfully they are doing their jobs.

It's difficult to blame Carr too much though without knowing anything about who else he has recommended, what (if any) attempts were made to sign these players or what his remit actually is (is it to find players we can make money on or is it to try and find players who are good enough to provide us with a squad capable of doing well in the premiership.

What we do know is that Pardew is supposed to produce a team from a squad that contains 17 full internationals (alright that includes Dummett, Vuckic & wor Shane), another player who only missed out on an England cap last week due to injury and countless U21's. He has spectacularly failled to do this while at the same time showing himself to be one of the biggest cunts we've ever had associated with the club.

On that basis it's easy to see why Pardew's head is being called for rather than Carr's!

Pardew is a shit manager you dumb shit. He doesn't know how to manage good players and get the best out of them. See Tevez and Mascherano as examples. It's not a case of Ashley stopping Pardew doing his job, it's a case of Pardew stopping the players doing there job by making them rigid players in a rigid formation.

Emboldoned, verb, past tense: emboldoned; past participle: emboldoned

give (someone) the courage or confidence to talk absolute shite, particularly when it is against collective common sense.

copping the lot ????

I do not like Pardew one iota - his behaviour in games v mackems, Man City, Hull etc has been shameful and discredits the club, but howay, he has these second rate foreigners foisted on him by FMA's blue eyed boy, and cops ALL the flak. Its NOT right.

Colback was the only one reasonably well known, and everyone knew how ordinary he is - England call up ? What a joke.

Janmatt looked ok in the WC, but he was rank at Soton - his terrible non challenge for the 4th goal was pathetic. He pushes way too far up leaving the left side vulnerable to the counter and having seen his first 4 games, he is nowhere near Debuchy's quality.

As for Cabella, Riviere and Perez, I fear the worst in that they will never make the PL grade - yes, ok, its only 4 games gone, but ffs, they should have shown at least something.

De Jong's miserable injury record continues, whilst Ferrerya is also on the injury list having shown very little too. Hardly prolific in Ukraine - a league as crap as the SPL, is he really going to offer anything ???

Failure to beat Hull next week will have the alarm bells ringing, but with strikers who cant score, a leaky defence and a midfield packed with plodders, it doesnt look good, but to make Pardew the only culprit, is a joke.

Lets not forget MBiwa was another Carr recommendation, and he was patently not good enough, but to let him go to get his wages off the books whilst not signing a replacement is folly of the highest order.

Somebody has some brains around here