Stoke City v Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is a funny one really as he's a clever bloke.

I don't think there are many managers that would get a lot out of him

If Fergie couldn't get anything out of him then to expect our clueless manger to turn him into a player is borderline retarded. No wonder CT wants him in the team!

i'd love Obertan to suddenly turn into a player but i don't see it happening. He's got pace to bun, decent close control when he's running at speed but it's always the same story - he'll run a bit, look lively then act like a spastic with the ball when he is forced to make a decision in the attacking third.

It's inevitable that if we remain winless that it'll eventually happen, even if it's not after tonight. If he peppers his record with the odd win it'll save him, avoiding relegation is the only objective really. I don't really want us to lose and I won't enjoy it if we do, but it's the only way now. Can you imagine his smugness if we do win? He'll say something about how he's been the panto villain for the last few weeks but he'll be the hero again now, 'cause it's like that up here.

It's inevitable that if we remain winless that it'll eventually happen, even if it's not after tonight. If he peppers his record with the odd win it'll save him, avoiding relegation is the only objective really. I don't really want us to lose and I won't enjoy it if we do, but it's the only way now. Can you imagine his smugness if we do win? He'll say something about how he's been the panto villain for the last few weeks but he'll be the hero again now, 'cause it's like that up here.

That really does sound like something he'd say.

Stoke are a horrible, horrible side of English football. Bigger tramps than anyone as fans. Long term long ball dirty bastards as players. 8000 in the Championship 10 years ago, 27000 in the Premier League 10 years later. Cunts.

However, I don't know what we will do differently than we did at Southampton, maybe they're not as good with the ball, but they're strong and bullish, they even won at Europe's richest club with their negative pish tactics inbred in their away play.

The best case scenario tonight is either them losing a player earlier, or the toon scoring early and hanging on for a draw. They're not Brazil 1970, but we'll see a a 2-0 or 2-1 defeat in a very shit encounter and you'll see we won't contribute anything at all till we go behind. Pathetic. Pards will keep his job, people will try to be funny on here despite the shiteness, but deep down be gravely pissed off at the inevitablity of it all once more.