Swansea City v.s. Newcastle United

TheGoslingBeast

“We now have an offensive line that will threaten the best Premier League teams with Emmanuel (Riviere), Remy Cabella and Siem De Jong."

Pardew said this after Riviere's transfer was confirmed.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's pretty much the formation that we've been trying so far? Gouffran's supposed to have been wide left and either Cabella moving out to the right or Sissoko moving up and out to the right.

I just think it's too complicated for Pardew to make it work. It would require some actual attacking coaching to make any of these formations work. Pardew doesn't know how to do that and thinks only magic brings it together. I can't see him ever making anything other than 4-4-2 work but we really don't have the players for that. Our only real wingers are Obertan (worst player ever), Sammy (an Ameobi which I think says it all) and Aarons who's injured.

And Gouffran has to be dropped now. He's been pathetic since Christmas.

Yeah it's similar, I think we play a 4-5-1. I think we're supposed to be playing a 4-2-3-1 but De Jong's absence has left us short in that central position in the Hole. Also, because the ball is coming back so quickly the midfield can't get far enough forward to support him and end up playing wider and deeper than they're supposed to. We maybe could have played Cabella there (in the hole), but we've not got anyone who Pardew has faith in for the left. Mind you, Cabella isn't having any impact out there, so maybe Riviere will have better luck against the fullbacks than he's been having against the Centre backs.

532 makes sense. Without the invisible Gouffran (not one shot on goal yet?) and the ginger shuffler.

...............................Krul

..............................Collo........................

.................Willo..................Taylor............

Janmaat..............................................Haidara

Edited by Park Life

532 makes sense. Without the invisible Gouffran (not one shot on goal yet?) and the ginger shuffler.

Who are we playing as our 3 centre backs?

So we have 3 centre backs to our name, lets get them all on the pitch at once and when one gets injured or suspended we're totally fucked.

None of them have any pace and only Colo has ever demonstrated the level of intelligence needed to work in a 3 at the back formation.

Man U haven't been able to make it work in that system and, despite how crap everyone says their defence is, none of our CBs would get in their team, they also have the benefit of a proven, world class, manager at the helm.

We can't play through the middle and their isn't enough creativity to interchange into positive areas (as we've seen so far). For now we'd be better off playing around sides, especially ones who dominate posession and control the middle ie Swansea.

You're not worried Janmaat and Haidara would forget their defensive responsibilities and leave us with 3 at the back?

Wiv Pards shoutin at em...Don't fink so. ;)

This lets us play 2 strikers and get balls into the box. Willo won't have to do that little chip to nobody he'll have 2 outlets in the DM Tiote and the fullback on his side. Also Janmaat can get into the box as much as he wants and we know he has one or two good pops at goal in him. Haidara won't have to defend so much something which he isn't great at anyway.

Edited by Park Life

Wiv Pards shoutin at em...Don't fink so. ;)

This lets us play 2 strikers and get balls into the box. Willo won't have to do that little chip to nobody he'll have 2 outlets in the DM Tiote and the fullback on his side.

He already has that in a 442 though.

We should be playing 532 with the players we have. Two wingbacks bombing on as Jan and Haddy like to do and is clearly in their nature from what I've seen so far. It would compensate for our uncreative midfield.

And it would be a nice chance to experiment with some young CB's aswell, Satka/Mbabu/Good/Streete whomever has shown the most in training, god knows we need to develop some new talent for those positions.

I'd definitely start a pair from Cisse/Rivi/Perez/Armstrong.

I'd give Obertan a chance after half-time, if we change to 442 during the game, after his recent performances.

Krul

Willo Colo Taylor

Janmaat Haidara

Sissoko Tiote Cabella

Riviere Cisse

Subs: young CB, Obertan, Abeid, Perez, Anita, Dummet, Alnwick

Edited by TheGoslingBeast

And it would be a nice chance to experiment with some young CB's aswell, Satka/Mbabu/Good/Streete whomever has shown the most in training, god knows we need to develop some new talent for those positions.

I'd definitely start a pair from Cisse/Rivi/Perez/Armstrong.

I'd give Obertan a chance after half-time, if we change to 442 during the game, after his recent performances.

Krul

Taylor Willo Colo

Janmaat Haidara

Sissoko Tiote Cabella

Riviere Cisse

Subs: young CB, Obertan, Abeid, Perez, Anita, Dummet, Alnwick

Spot on.

the 5-3-2 probably needs an description, as Pardew doesn't know what the positions are supposed to do.

Wingbacks - Defend and attack in wide areas, with a more attack minded focus compared to a 442/451

Tiote role - primary - defensive minded midfielder, operating a little behind his two midfield partners

secondary -be the link between our cb's and our midfielders

Cabella role - primary - create chances, use his vision and dribble skills to open up space to lay off accurate passes to a running striker, search for dangerous situations where penalties can be given.

secondary - help running wingback on his side creating chances from wide areas

Sissoko role - primary - be the high energy box-to-box man, working as the secondary man for both Tiote and Cabella's roles.

Riviere - be the physical striker, be an aerial target for crosses and be a physical challenge for cb's, find his partner or score when he's through

Cisse role - be the accurate finisher, see a goal the second the chance invites itself, a target for creative offensive passes, play mind-games with the offside trap, search for dangerous situations where penalties can be given.

Edited by TheGoslingBeast

Cisse, Perez, Armstong, even Sammy tbh. I know our options are limited but he's offering the square root of fuck all at the minute. Not that I believe that's totally his fault mind.

mouth watering :lol:

Obertan is shit he has been shit for years and isn't getting any better. Anybody who claims he is our one hope can have all future views and thoughts discarded as they will abviously be equally worthless.

He can provide crosses, sometimes dribble, and offers a physical threat, I don't think he's worse than Sissoko and Gouffran in a wing role tbh.

To be more specific I'd have the 532 working like this, with sissoko running up and down like and madman providing a very attack minded Cabella and and defense minded Tiote with cover. Sissoko has, or used to have before Pardewed, beastlike athleticism and that needs to be used for what it's worth.

Krul

Willo__Colo__Taylor

Janmaat_______Tiote__Haidara

Sissoko________

Cabella

Riviere__Cisse

the 5-3-2 probably needs an description, as Pardew doesn't know what the positions are supposed to do.

Wingbacks - Defend and attack in wide areas, with a more attack minded focus compared to a 442/451

Tiote role - primary - defensive minded midfielder, operating a little behind his two midfield partners

secondary -be the link between our cb's and our midfielders

Cabella role - primary - create chances, use his vision and dribble skills to open up space to lay off accurate passes to a running striker, search for dangerous situations where penalties can be given.

Sissoko role - primary - be the high energy box-to-box man, working as the secondary man for both Tiote and Cabella's roles.

Riviere - be the physical striker, be an aerial target for crosses and be a physical challenge for cb's, find his partner or score when he's through

Cisse role - be the accurate finisher, see a goal the second the chance invites itself, a target for creative offensive passes, play mind-games with the offside trap, search for dangerous situations where penalties can be given.

You do realise that other than Tiote, none of the players you mention have so far shown any aptitude for those descriptions.

secondary -be the link between our cb's and our midfielder

I can offer a 4yr deal at 1.5m a year.

You do realise that other than Tiote, none of the players you mention have so far shown any aptitude for those descriptions.

Thought those descriptions were pretty basic. Can't any of them play footabll?