Swansea City v.s. Newcastle United

TheGoslingBeast

Obertan is shit he has been shit for years and isn't getting any better. Anybody who claims he is our one hope can have all future views and thoughts discarded as they will abviously be equally worthless.

This, seriously how many Premiership games does he need to play to show this. He does ok in early cup games and if he is coming on late in a game where the opposition are fucked but he isn't a starter.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought those descriptions were pretty basic. Can't any of them play footabll?

Not so far this season!

But basically, Riviere hasn't been a physical threat at all, Cabella hasn't been able to dribble or pick out a pass, Ciss (first 12 games aside) isn't what you would call an accurate finisher and is offside more than anyone ive ever seen and our wingbacks can't defend.

He's not that weak, if you have seen him lately he's looking pretty beefed up and he's as tall as Sissoko. Always been lightning fast.

Wheres the physical threat there? Anyone who's ever seen him play knows he has the heart of a pea. It doesn't matter whether he's beefed up. He's still soft as shite!

Not so far this season!

But basically, Riviere hasn't been a physical threat at all, Cabella hasn't been able to dribble or pick out a pass, Ciss (first 12 games aside) isn't what you would call an accurate finisher and is offside more than anyone ive ever seen and our wingbacks can't defend.

That's why I'm bypassing the whole team and attacking down the sides. ;)

We don't have the creativity and movement to play through the middle and we don't have any wingers. What I've laid out is our only chance.

Edited by Park Life

This, seriously how many Premiership games does he need to play to show this. He does ok in early cup games and if he is coming on late in a game where the opposition are fucked but he isn't a starter.

Absolutely spot on. It shows how bad we've been that anyone's even considering him.

That's why I'm bypassing the whole team and attacking down the sides. ;)

I agree with that by the way. As I've said I think that's the only way Pardew can create any sort of attack. Personally I'd love to see more wing play by us specifically and in football in general. All this pissing about with 2 yard passes in the middle of the park is boring as fuck.

I agree with that by the way. As I've said I think that's the only way Pardew can create any sort of attack. Personally I'd love to see more wing play by us specifically and in football in general. All this pissing about with 2 yard passes in the middle of the park is boring as fuck.

Yup and we can't do it and Swansea do it as second nature most of the time. Both Haidara and Jan from what I've seen are decent crossers and comfortable coming forward. Let's get them into areas where they can have an impact and have the insurace of 3 cd's behind them.

He's not that weak, if you have seen him lately he's looking pretty beefed up and he's as tall as Sissoko. Always been lightning fast.

He's a tart man, the same way that Sissoko is. They're both big physically and quick but neither use it to any advantage. Parky's dancing Cabella dog could be applied to both of them as well. Sissoko should be powerfully charging through the middle from deep, playing quick one-two's or laying it off to a wide player when the full back has to come inside to cover, instead he gets the ball out on the right, jogs a bit, stops the ball at the full back, turns and passes back. Fanks Alan. Obertan doesn't use his physicality at all either, his pace doesn't frighten as he seems to head to the sideline rather then cut inside when the full back stands him up.

Oh also, this video is of a friendly in an empty stadium. That's where he can be of impact, when there is no pressure on at all, once the pressure begins to get cranked up he crumbles and looks completely fucking clueless.

I can offer a 4yr deal at 1.5m a year.

Not so far this season!

Basically, I don't think they been played with the correct formation, 100% sure they've had all the wrong coaching with our first team staff, most of our players have been trained and played out of their best position, on top of that triple negative football mentality.

They've all looked the bit before and early after arrival, then this almost drop-off-a-cliff decline.

The blame is first and foremost all the amateur so-called coaches and leaders in the background, jolting our players abilities and mentalities. If we had a coaching staff worthy of a club of our stature, I have no doubt the melody would have been much sweeter.

Basically, I don't think they been played with the correct formation, 100% sure they've had all the wrong coaching with our first team staff, most of our players have been trained and played out of their best position, on top of that triple negative football mentality.

They've all looked the bit before and early after arrival, then this almost drop-off-a-cliff decline.

The blame is first and foremost all the amateur so-called coaches and leaders in the background, jolting our players abilities and mentalities. If we had a coaching staff worthy of a club of our stature, I have no doubt the melody would have been much sweeter.

No argument there. I was taking the piss if I'm honest, I just found it amusing that the things you said they would be doing in their positions weren't things we'd seen from them so far.

Edited by David Kelly

And Gouffran has to be dropped now. He's been pathetic since Christmas.

Not entirely sure why it's so popular to hate on this guy but he was one of our best against Hull and got the (very good) assist for the equalising goal. He's clearly being played out of position and has had some weak performances partially as a result of that (stoke being a prime example).

There's kind of two phases for most of them. Play well when they first arrive for a few months and then a noticeable drop off when the Pardvirus starts to overwhelm the immune system. Then there is a kind of re-birth just before they move...A feeling of liberation and light when in the shop window or offers are rumoured - think Cabaye.

:lol: Pardvirus

I like your theory. The thought remains that Pardew does best with defensive limited grafters because that sums him up as a player and manager. His tactics seem to be keep it tight keep working and hope for a moment. I wonder if we've persisted with the floated back post free kick cos he thinks its least likely to give the oppo a chance to break quickly....

It's time for Pardoo to start playing Saylor instead of Willo.

Against Stoke, Willo was like Custer saying "Where are all these fucking Indians coming from", not having a clue.

Gouffran offers absolutely nothing these days. Cant believe Im saying this but I'd give Obertan a chance on the basis of last week. Of course if he'd start he'd probably tire out and be completely useless by the 30th minute. Bring on Ayoze as a sub perhaps. Have to try something, Gouffran's been useless.

Yet it's Dummett with the goals to his name ;)

Nah seriously - both decent players but they should be benched when Santon is fit. Such much fuss over average left backs.