Swansea City v.s. Newcastle United

TheGoslingBeast

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not entirely sure why it's so popular to hate on this guy but he was one of our best against Hull and got the (very good) assist for the equalising goal. He's clearly being played out of position and has had some weak performances partially as a result of that (stoke being a prime example).

No hatred but he's done nothing since the turn of the year. Up until that time he was chipping in with goals and threatening the oposition. That header for Cisse's second is the only thing he's done this season. I think someone said the other day that he's not had a signle shot. That's incredible if true for a player in the position he's played. He also never beats a defender and never gets any balls into the box. I know he's being played out of position and that is in no way helping him. It is a valid excuse for poor performances but it's not an excuse to keep him in the team.

I don't think he's a top class player by any stretch but if used properly he's a decent member of the squad who works really hard. If he's not used properly he's of no more help to our attack than Obertan.

I think it's in everyones best interest that he's taken out of the team now.

I honestly think it's just down to Haidara being the perceived as the flashier option, simply because he's not English (Welsh). But, aye, neither are a patch on Santon.

I think Dummett has zero potential. He's never going to be a premier league player. Haidara makes mistakes also but I think you can see something in him.

Santon is clearly better than both of them but I still think he'll never be the player he could be playing on the left. If Aarons makes it and he has a proper left winger in front of him who can get down the wing and put crosses in then maybe but since he always wants to cut in on his right, having another player in front of him wanting to do the same thing isn't really going to work.

I'd say Dummett is a competent player, probably a good trainer and willing to play a role. I like that he always tries to maintain possession first with short passes rather than reverting to hoofing it. Against top quality opposition I'd venture that he'd be left wanting defensively with a significant part of that down to his relative lack of pace. That same factor will limit his ability to be an attachment attacking threat which is where Haidara in comparison excellent. The hope is that as he develops Haidara will improve his defensive attributes.

No hatred but he's done nothing since the turn of the year. Up until that time he was chipping in with goals and threatening the oposition. That header for Cisse's second is the only thing he's done this season. I think someone said the other day that he's not had a signle shot. That's incredible if true for a player in the position he's played. He also never beats a defender and never gets any balls into the box. I know he's being played out of position and that is in no way helping him. It is a valid excuse for poor performances but it's not an excuse to keep him in the team.

I don't think he's a top class player by any stretch but if used properly he's a decent member of the squad who works really hard. If he's not used properly he's of no more help to our attack than Obertan.

I think it's in everyones best interest that he's taken out of the team now.

He did more than just that in that game. He always looks to go to centre of the field which he should not do so often as a wide player. He should be played in behind a striker. He's one of the few players we have who can run with the ball with pace and also get a shot off.

According to ESPN in 6 league games he's taken a total of 8 shots with 3 on target 0 goals and the 1 aforementioned assist. For comparison also in 6 games our other "wide" man Sissoko has taken 8 shots with only 1 on target for 0 assists and 0 goals.

Edited by OTF

He did more than just that in that game. He always looks to go to centre of the field which he should not do so often as a wide player. He should be played in behind a striker. He's one of the few players we have who can run with the ball with pace and also get a shot off.

But he's not being played there and he's not doing that. In the position he's being played he's doing fuck all.

But he's not being played there and he's not doing that. In the position he's being played he's doing fuck all.

I never said he should be played in that position, but even still he's doing slightly more than fuck all. Obviously changes need to be made.

I never said he should be played in that position, but even still he's doing slightly more than fuck all. Obviously changes need to be made.

Very slightly.

But my point was never he's a bad player, just that he's ineffective in the job he's supposed to be doing at the moment.

Very slightly.

But my point was never he's a bad player, just that he's ineffective in the job he's supposed to be doing at the moment.

And mine was that the same rings true for most of the side so I'm unsure why he's being singled out.

And mine was that the same rings true for most of the side so I'm unsure why he's being singled out.

Because he's being played out of position and we have other (admittedly not great) options for that position.

But Riviere's been poor and is probably going to be replaced by Cisse (certainly he will be when Cisse's considered fit enough). Both Dummett and Haidara have been poor and they've been replacing each other. There's been talk of Taylor coming in to replace Williamson. Cabella's been getting stick and so has Janmatt.

So he's not being singled out. And his poor form goes back much further than a lot of the others and he's had less critisism than the likes of Williamson and Dummett.

The way Swansea operate on and off the field show what a sham Pardew and Ashley are running with us.

Another loss must be the end of Pardew so with that in mind 0-2.

We'll get fucking battered, Pardew will set up to defend for a 0-0 like usual and they'll score early then go 3 up before the half. Pardew will then keep the same system 2nd half but swap gouffran for Obertan and Riviere for Cisse, as Gomis gets the 4th and Swansea just pass the game out.

We'll get fucking battered, Pardew will set up to defend for a 0-0 like usual and they'll score early then go 3 up before the half. Pardew will then keep the same system 2nd half but swap gouffran for Obertan and Riviere for Cisse, as Gomis gets the 4th and Swansea just pass the game out.

:lol: Then he'll go home and polish his trophy

My only concern is wether to get money on the 3-0 or the 4-0. Our CD's look nervy as fuck now.

My only concern is wether to get money on the 3-0 or the 4-0. Our CD's look nervy as fuck now.

Put a couple of quid on both mate yesterday Swansea 3-0 was 16-1 & 4-0 was 35-1