Dennis Shithouse Wise

trooper

A studio guest of beIN Sports coverage in the Middle East on Saturday, ex-Newcastle Director of Football had a few choice words to say about the club.

Asserting that Mike Ashley had no plans to sack Alan Pardew in the near future, Wise also harked back to the "cockney mafia" label from his time in Toon, claiming that the real problem at SJP remains the hatred Toon fans retain for Southerners, like Ashley, Pardew, Kinnear etc.

Yes of course Dennis, which is why the likes of Malcolm Macdonald, Les Ferdinand, Robert Lee and Vic Keeble remain universally reviled on Tyneside. Is that really the best you can come up with?

Wise's latest appearance as an Ashley apologist came five years to the day that he'd been interviewed similarly by the same host (Richard Keys) during his Sky days.

That 2009 appearance included various unsubstantiated comments about the Kevin Keegan tribunal that was ongoing, plus a claim that the club would be sold once promotion back to the Premier League was achieved.

This from.com

“When he took over the club there was a massive hole that he had to get rid of.

“He put his hand in his pocket with a quarter of a billion pound. He stuck that in and cleared the debt.

“What he decided to do is run it in a structured way so there was no debt.

“So you can sell players with money, bring in and take out.

“He’s set the structure with the wage bill as well, he sticks by it as well.

“He thinks the club should be able to stay up.

“He’s not going to go and spend £200million like Liverpool have.

“He’s not going to go about doing that.”

“Mike is a very honest guy.

“He is very honest with people who work hard for him.

“He will give time, plenty of time, and he has no reason to move him out.”

And when asked if Ashley was a scary character, Wise tried to paint a different picture of the Buckinghamshire tycoon.

He said: “No. He’s very sensible in the way that he’s thinking.

“No, he’s not a nasty guy, he’s a clever guy.

“He’s a guy that wants the best for Newcastle United Football Club.

“He will structure that football club in a certain way so there’s no debt.”

And Wise also feels that under former chairman Freddy Shepherd the club went “mad” and Ashley felt he had to restructure the club.

He said: “When they went mad and they spent money - that was the hole that Mike ending up paying.

“That was the great big hole that was sitting there.

“And it’s going to be there for a long, long time.

“Could they carry on spending money?

“There had to be a stage where it had to be sorted out.

“Mike wasn’t prepared to constantly throw money - his own money - and just throw loads of money at that football club.”

Thanks for the insight, Dennis.

Whilst he's clearly a prick and completely wrong about the reasons for us hating him, Ashley, Pardew and Kinnear, I think there is definitely a dislike for Southerners (and basically that's everyone south of Birmingham who has a remotely cockney accent).

Yes we all took Lee, Sir Les, Barton, Roeder, McDonald, Peacock, Goddard etc to our hearts as we always will with anyone decent who puts in the effort and does well for the team. But in everyday life we generally think all the rest of them are cunts who like to look down their noses at anyone from north of Watford. Of course that's not always reality and when you meet people from anywhere you get good and bad but I think that with southerners that's our default starting point.

Dennis has briefly removed Mike Ashley's cock from his mouth to shower us with more brilliant insider knowledge.

When asked why Ashley doesn’t come out and talk to the media, Wise said on beIN Sports: “Why should he? He doesn’t need to explain anything to anyone.

“He’s got his job, he does what he does and he owns the football club.

“You don’t have every owner of a club coming out.

“Abramovich doesn’t come out does he?

“The Glazers don’t come out.

“There’s loads of them, so why should Mike?

“Mike is an approachable guy.

“There are a lot of owners of football clubs you can never get near. Mike you can. You can actually walk up.”

Wise has also backed up the talk that Ashley was only joking when he spoke about Pardew’s future at the club.

And he said that Ashley fears talking to the media because they will “turn” his quotes against him.

Wise said: “He finds himself in a situation with Pardew. Why?

“Because there was a press bloke in a pub that he was in and he turns round and says, and I know Mike with his flippant jokes and him messing about, he said: ‘Yeah I’m going to get rid of him next week.’

“A bloke come up and he just wanted to get rid of him. Then they printed the story.

“This why he won’t (speak to press) because they’ll turn it.

“Because he’s an approachable guy people can get near him and that’s his own problem.

“He’s so relaxed in the way he is.”

Death, Taxes & Dennis Wise talking shite. #nufc

bojhhpuimaakzmr.jpg?w=241&h=300

‘What did you say about jellied eels!?’

St James’ Park can hold many a mystery for a young lad but I’ll never forget the day I learned one of its darker truths. I remember it like it was approximately 20 years ago.

Still in the grip of winter, an eerie fog haloed the immediate sky above the ground. ‘That’s an eerie fog’ my father quipped as we made our way across town.

United were playing Oldham Athletic in our first season in the newly formed Premier League. After taking the lead twice through goals from Ruel Fox and Peter Beardsley,an aging Graeme Sharp made the most of a scramble in the 18 yard box to bring it back to twos apiece

Drunk on an adrenaline St.James’ could once provide I didn’t notice that whilst celebrating I’d cut my knees up on the seat in front & worse still – I’d lost my trusty flatcap. I was also unaware my trip to the match was about to be cut short.

Peter Beardsley played a young Robert Lee through into the Oldham box and Lee made no mistake with the finish. No sooner had I jumped up celebrating as my father slapped me hard on the hand.

You could hear a pin drop around the ground. ‘Fucking hell son, the lads a cockney, you don’t celebrate his goals man!’

I was rushed through the gantry & promptly out the ground. ‘No brown ale for a month’ shouted my father, blushing with embarrassment. ‘Not even for breakfast Dad!?’

‘Okay, but just the one!’ He growled.

The above tale is of course fictional (apart from the result) – although I imagine some people would find it very believable. These people are called ‘morons’ or in this case ‘Dennis’.

If you’re privy to the odd dodgy internet stream you’ll know that Dennis Wise has been mouthing off again. Despite empirical evidence to the contrary, fans of Newcastle United apparently harbor a deep lying hatred for everyone Southern.

It still pains me that Wise has any association with United whatsoever – let alone that his opinion actually holds some sway. At the time Wise’s appointment as ‘Director of Football’ was one of the most bizarre appointments in United’s history – especially as the manager he held authority over was Kevin Keegan.

Wise’s own management career left a lot to be desired – more so when hindsight makes it clear that Sunderland’s Gus Poyet was actually pulling the strings.

So what did Wise’s role at United entail? Causing bother, selling our best players & doing favours for mates – which culminated in the resignation of the manager.

As a fanbase I’d like to think we do hold some hatred for people of Wise’s ilk – but not because of their geography or upbringing – mainly because the man is a complete and utter (EDIT – DW).

I don’t need to rattle off tales documenting affection for some of United’s fairer Southern brothers, Lee, Ferdinand,McDonald etc because it’s obvious even to those who possess less than an ounce of sense that if you do alright by the football club Newcastle fans take to you.

However if you’re a deplorable swine like Dennis Wise or Joe Kinnear or Alan Pardew or Mike Ashley etc & in addition to this you happen to be utterly shit at your job, you’re going to come in for some stick, Or in recent cases – concentrated hatred.

Anyway – I have flatcaps to find.

Tom.

Got bored. Did blog.

Death, Taxes & Dennis Wise talking shite. #nufc

bojhhpuimaakzmr.jpg?w=241&h=300

‘What did you say about jellied eels!?’

St James’ Park can hold many a mystery for a young lad but I’ll never forget the day I learned one of its darker truths. I remember it like it was approximately 20 years ago.

Still in the grip of winter, an eerie fog haloed the immediate sky above the ground. ‘That’s an eerie fog’ my father quipped as we made our way across town.

United were playing Oldham Athletic in our first season in the newly formed Premier League. After taking the lead twice through goals from Ruel Fox and Peter Beardsley,an aging Graeme Sharp made the most of a scramble in the 18 yard box to bring it back to twos apiece

Drunk on an adrenaline St.James’ could once provide I didn’t notice that whilst celebrating I’d cut my knees up on the seat in front & worse still – I’d lost my trusty flatcap. I was also unaware my trip to the match was about to be cut short.

Peter Beardsley played a young Robert Lee through into the Oldham box and Lee made no mistake with the finish. No sooner had I jumped up celebrating as my father slapped me hard on the hand.

You could hear a pin drop around the ground. ‘Fucking hell son, the lads a cockney, you don’t celebrate his goals man!’

I was rushed through the gantry & promptly out the ground. ‘No brown ale for a month’ shouted my father, blushing with embarrassment. ‘Not even for breakfast Dad!?’

‘Okay, but just the one!’ He growled.

The above tale is of course fictional (apart from the result) – although I imagine some people would find it very believable. These people are called ‘morons’ or in this case ‘Dennis’.

If you’re privy to the odd dodgy internet stream you’ll know that Dennis Wise has been mouthing off again. Despite empirical evidence to the contrary, fans of Newcastle United apparently harbor a deep lying hatred for everyone Southern.

It still pains me that Wise has any association with United whatsoever – let alone that his opinion actually holds some sway. At the time Wise’s appointment as ‘Director of Football’ was one of the most bizarre appointments in United’s history – especially as the manager he held authority over was Kevin Keegan.

Wise’s own management career left a lot to be desired – more so when hindsight makes it clear that Sunderland’s Gus Poyet was actually pulling the strings.

So what did Wise’s role at United entail? Causing bother, selling our best players & doing favours for mates – which culminated in the resignation of the manager.

As a fanbase I’d like to think we do hold some hatred for people of Wise’s ilk – but not because of their geography or upbringing – mainly because the man is a complete and utter (EDIT – DW).

I don’t need to rattle off tales documenting affection for some of United’s fairer Southern brothers, Lee, Ferdinand,McDonald etc because it’s obvious even to those who possess less than an ounce of sense that if you do alright by the football club Newcastle fans take to you.

However if you’re a deplorable swine like Dennis Wise or Joe Kinnear or Alan Pardew or Mike Ashley etc & in addition to this you happen to be utterly shit at your job, you’re going to come in for some stick, Or in recent cases – concentrated hatred.

Anyway – I have flatcaps to find.

Tom.

;)