How much will we have to spend in Jan?

Park Life

Ashley might just ride the January storm whlist Cisse is away and give Pardew nowt to spend on a striker.Saves dipping into his pocket.Pardew might be given the £8m we get for Tiote to buy two central defenders and a right back,and midfield player to make things happen,and a left back.

Pardew isn't given any money man, he's got very little say in the transfer comings and goings.

I think relegation would be for the best. Firstly it would put you sorry lot out of your collective misery, and secondly it may give Ashley a reason to sell after finally realising that what he has allowed to happen as owner will mean the club will not bounce back into the big time in the near future and the job that is required to do so is beyond him and the scope of his network of connections he has at his disposal. In essence cut off the funnel of capital that the club serves him as it stands and he'll lose interest.

I think relegation would be for the best. Firstly it would put you sorry lot out of your collective misery, and secondly it may give Ashley a reason to sell after finally realising that what he has allowed to happen as owner will mean the club will not bounce back into the big time in the near future and the job that is required to do so is beyond him and the scope of his network of connections he has at his disposal. In essence cut off the funnel of capital that the club serves him as it stands and he'll lose interest.

Ashley wants to sell a Premier League club, not a championship side.

Thats just it though mate I dont think he's that bothered he probably thinks he'll sell us cheap and quick if we're in the Championship it'll be his final kick in the nuts to us. I think he'd take the financial loss (its nothing to him) if it meant he got his revenge by leaving us in the championship.

When I was a small kid Tyneside had a good few contract killers. There's none now sadly.

There's plenty people would chip in on paypal if there was.

The whole city is depressed. It was absolutely bouncing in the mid 90s and to a point the early 00's.

Edited by McFaul

When I was a small kid Tyneside had a good few contract killers. There's none now sadly.

There's plenty people would chip in on paypal if there was.

The whole city is depressed. It was absolutely bouncing in the mid 90s and to a point the early 00's.

PayPal. :lol:

Bitcoins if you're going down this route.

;)

Why? What difference does it make to him? The club earns £60 million a year minimum by staying in the Premier League doesn't it? You lose Premier League status and you lose that guarantee, and then you suddenly realise that you don't have a squad capable of coming back up, and you lose confidence with all who have given you advice about football and you look to move on.

Then he takes his business elsewhere, perhaps by becoming the sole owner of Glasgow Rangers because others have convinced him it is a two horse race in the Scottish League with a better than average chance of making Champions League if they can sort themselves out. Honestly, that is the best case scenario. Not pretty but unfortunately that's what it has gotten down to.

Why? What difference does it make to him? The club earns £60 million a year minimum by staying in the Premier League doesn't it? You lose Premier League status and you lose that guarantee, and then you suddenly realise that you don't have a squad capable of coming back up, and you lose confidence with all who have given you advice about football and you look to move on.

Then he takes his business elsewhere, perhaps by becoming the sole owner of Glasgow Rangers because others have convinced him it is a two horse race in the Scottish League with a better than average chance of making Champions League if they can sort themselves out. Honestly, that is the best case scenario. Not pretty but unfortunately that's what it has gotten down to.

Right, which is kind of my point. He will spend just enough to keep us in the Premier League so that whenever he does come to the point that he's happy to sell for a blue that is considered reasonable for Newcastle United, that value will benefit from the status granted to Premier League sides. That's ignoring the yearly bonanza from TV deals that being in the top flight bestows.

Why wouldn't he spend the comparatively small amount that would keep us up?

How much would Ashley get in parachute payments if we did get relegated?

Think it's about £40m? But the point is that he gets more by staying up, and SD will be on more tvs around the world.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing us get relegated, but I'm not deluded enough to think that it would result in the sale of the club. I think the most likely scenarios that would instigate a sale of the club are Sports Direct going bankrupt or Ashley deciding to sell off his Sports Direct holdings. Both of these seem unlikely at the moment.

I used to think relegation would force his a sale, but I imagine he'd just spend Premier League money to have us return ASAP.

He'll go when he wants and not a moment before.

I used to think relegation would force his a sale, but I imagine he'd just spend Premier League money to have us return ASAP.

He'll go when he wants and not a moment before.

He'll go when he wants,

He'll go when he waaaaaants,

The hell of Mike Ashley,

He'll go when he wants.