The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

what a fantastic advert for test cricket. a slow opening by england but a gripping test match.

a low scoring affair so there was always going to be a result. new zealand must have fancied their chances of chasing down 240 in two days. they were quite impressive until the last innings but then broad and anderson just too good. an unbelievable spell from broad. why can't he bowl like that all the time? when he gets his line and length right he's unplayable.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, watching the whole 5 days at the Riverside is for corporates and gentry only it would seem. If you paid that and got lucky with the weather its probably better value than watching Arsenal v Wigan at the Emirates at £50+ for 90 mins though :glare:

You'll spend little else up the Arse though, 5 days at the Riverside you're likely to spunk a further £250+ on booze, food, taxis etc.

Basically you can have a week's holiday for the price of watching a test in Chester le Street.

Weirdly I bought mine exactly 2 years ago today. At the time the advertised date of the test was different. Just on the phone to them now cos my address has since changed.

I paid nowt like 95 quid for them btw.

Weirdly I bought mine exactly 2 years ago today. At the time the advertised date of the test was different. Just on the phone to them now cos my address has since changed.

I paid nowt like 95 quid for them btw.

Aye I bought mine 2 years ago too and did I fuck pay anything like 95 quid for them!

• 4 weeks later...

What an absorbing day's play.

Too many England batsmen giving their wickets away cheaply. But good response from Finn and Jimmy.

Cliche alert - first hour or two will be crucial. A few quick wickets or a 50+ partnership could shape the match ...and series.

We could do with broad making an overnight recovery

What an absorbing day's play.

Too many England batsmen giving their wickets away cheaply. But good response from Finn and Jimmy.

Cliche alert - first hour or two will be crucial. A few quick wickets or a 50+ partnership could shape the match ...and series.

We could do with broad making an overnight recovery

It's the same story as always, we gave the bowlers too much to do at times but it's a good job they're as good as they are.

I'd also drop Bell for Compton but the selectors won't have the stones to do that.

Don't you think bell's got enough runs in the bank? He is frustrating like. Classy player - looks the part but rarely makes the big runs when it really matters. He was one if the few that got out to a Jaffa yesterday though. Prior's was the worst for me though. Imagine driving loosely at a wide delivery there was no need to play in the position we were in.