The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So do I. He's been there and done that, my knowledge of MMA/UFC would be nothing without him. Seriously, he has the best technical explanations in UFC commentary by far and sells the product better than Dana White can (orally). Whatever he does in his own time is his own business tbf, though I've sometimes wondered why in some broadcasts he's looked like he's sweated bullets (with an obviously abnormal heart rate) while others next to him (like Mike Goldberg or Dana White) are dry and relatively calm as fuck even accounting for the normal adrenalin rush that they would have.

Can't stand that Ariel Halmani(sp?) bloke. What a weed. Tweeted yesterday that Silva was in the back screaming at the top of his lungs. You would too if you had to endure that! The poor bloke was in so much agony on the ground (when the pain finally started to register) that he couldn't make his screams audible. Like watching Al Pacino (Michael Collione) in that second last scene in Godfather 3 after his daughter got shot.

Rogan talks openly about his testosterone use on his podcast, and it probably accounts for some of his freakish appearance on the UFC. Not sure who this Ariel bloke is.

Rogan talks openly about his testosterone use on his podcast, and it probably accounts for some of his freakish appearance on the UFC. Not sure who this Ariel bloke is.

Oh, I didn't know that. You've joined the dots and it makes sense. Wouldn't have been surprised if he was on amphetamines 2 days ago the way he just kept going on and on and on at times. Made Mike Goldberg feel uncomfortable forcing out a, "yes", and, "I agree", at times during one of Rogan's long rants. I am a master of body language, Goldberg was very, very uncomfortable. :lol: Never seen that kind of interaction before.

I knew Rogan was a pro-cannabis advocate. I'm not a huge Twitter user myself, I use it merely as a tool for information, but I clicked on him a year or so ago to see what he had to say and all he did was post up links for pro marijuana articles. Bored the shit out of me so I never ended up following him. Might do so now and look out for his podcasts and see what makes him really tick.

Ariel Harwani is basically an interviewer for the UFC on the FOX Network (US). Interviews fighters and Dana White after the bigger shows finish (shown on the post event show which we get here). We also get two weekly UFC half hour shows a week (Kenny Florian and Chael Sonnen present it) and he is basically a mole on there with his own segment. Has all the inside scoop of fighters' injuries, possible future matchups and the like. The UFC are putting on many more shows in 2014 and beyond so he'll be around somewhere like a bad smell.

Edited by Ken

Had us on the ropes for a while. Then the same old Haddin story came about. I do hope your young leg-spinner's career isn't destroyed before it starts. Don't think he should have started this one. Monty was the safer option.

Think this will be over sharpish anyway, which I am not happy about. If it doesn't get through to the fourth day with a fair challenge available I'll be fucked right off,

Had us on the ropes for a while. Then the same old Haddin story came about. I do hope your young leg-spinner's career isn't destroyed before it starts. Don't think he should have started this one. Monty was the safer option.

simon kerrigan all over again. swann leaving will expose the dearth of quality english spinners

What a pathetically bad showing that was. It's so much better when it's competitive. You'd hope that the backlash from this gormless, feckless, heartless bunch of pretenders will result in an improvement in the attitudes for 2015.

Andy flower alluded to the fact that England haven't scored 400+ for a very long time. The signs were there for a while, our top order have basically been found out, Australia have spotted weaknesses and had the patience to bowl to very good plans and the England players have been unable or unwilling (KP) to adapt. The bowling in the main has been good, but Johnson was head and shoulders above everyone else.

thank fuck that's over.

major revamp of the side/coaching staff surely on the cards.

i would like to see an aggressive batsman at the top of the order to compliment cook - with often get too bogged down at the top of the order. carberry looked neat and tidy but made far too many 20s and 30s without kicking on. didn't do enough to justify being recalled. bell, our best batsman, should play at 3. but he needs to show he can play there like he has at number 5.

we need a new wicket-taking spinner and a counter attacking wicket keeper/batsman whose confidence isn't shot.

pietersen needs to stop gifting his wicket away.

not a lot to be done then :lol:

I still can't believe they left Root out in the last match.

Hopefully we never see Rankin again either. I feel really sorry for Finn as they've ruined him. It seems like they want him to be a McGrath instead of using his own strengths.

you're spot on there johnny. he's an ideal first change fast bowler. he can go for a few but he's hostile when he gets it right and takes wickets. they've basically knacked his confidence.

Still haven't got over the fact that Onions wasn't picked and probably never will be again. According to some who know him well apparently he doesn't get on with the England clique of Swann Broad Anderson whereas someone like Bresnan is seen as one of the lads. Tbh the 'jobs for the boys' attitude in general seems to be a big issue in the england set up.

Still haven't got over the fact that Onions wasn't picked and probably never will. According to some who know him well apparently he doesn't get on with the England clique of Swann Broad Anderson whereas someone like Bresnan is seen as one of the lads. Tbh the 'jobs for the boys' attitude in general seems to be a big issue in the england set up.

You'll never get over it?

It'll be ok mate,

Onions must be scratching his head not getting a game last summer when he was the bowler of the season in the CC. Not even on his home ground. And then not even making the tour down under. Piss poor, does seem like maybe his face doesn't fit. He never let England down when he's played for them.