The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love watching him bat. Reminds me of Gower at times, who was one of my heroes as a kid.

I was too young to remember much of David Gower. I've seen the odd video here and there and I can definitely see the resemblance. Both are very easy on the eye.

i'm guessing moeen is fasting. does that mean he has to toil in the field all day without as much as drop of water? fuck that :lol:

Can drink water I think. Just no food. And they had him at fine leg running fucking everywhere at Cardiff. The poor bugger.

Nah no water either.

Shit. That is mad. He's fielding at fine leg. Swapping sides when a right and left handed batter are in. Running probably 10+km for the day. It'd be admirable if religion weren't complete bullshit. ;)

Yeah. It looked like a road from the outset. England needed wickets with the new ball. I think that'll be the key when England bat. If they get through the first 15 overs then, like you say, it's just a matter of whether or not they can ignore what Australia got and just bat.

This pitch has draw written all over it I reckon.

It'll be a shame if every pitch has been deliberately requested to be so lifeless. Alright, it might negate the likes of Johnson, and we could end up regaining the urn, but it'll make for long, boring test matches and loads of draws. I'd rather see more typical English wickets and a proper contest between bat and ball.

I'm glad you said it Gloomy because it's exactly what I'm thinking. I didn't want to say it though because it might come across as sour grapes being that we are already behind 1-0. It will be a massive shame. English wickets are traditionally some of the best wickets in world cricket. Especially Lords. Yeah there's a lot of history there, but fundamentally it's usually a great wicket that produces a good contest. So far this thing looks lifeless.

Agreed, though we'll only be able to say for sure once England have batted close enough to the Aussie total, which is sure to be massive.

It does look a featherbed but still potential for our lot to suffer a collective mental collapse and lose by an innings.

Could be a coincidence. Although, I reckon the Lords' groundsmen know what they're doing.

Like you say though we should probably wait until your lot have their turn. Sometime tomorrow. ;)

Could be a coincidence. Although, I reckon the Lords' groundsmen know what they're doing.

Like you say though we should probably wait until your lot have their turn. Sometime tomorrow. ;)

i think the wicket has been prepared this way, for sure. and it wouldn't surprise me if we see more of the same across the summer, which would be a shame.

Yeah. Don't worry Gloomy Aussies will still win 4-1. You pommie bastards have been screwing us for 150 years now.

At 1/350 I'm an Aussie again by the way. :lol:

This Lords wicket is playing a lot slower than the one prepared for the NZ test, which produced an entertaining game - and a result. Coincidence?

Often different pitches at different times in the season though.