The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Also not really a fan of using stadiums that are only the minimum size or thereabouts in terms of the ground dimensions, especially when it isn't necessary. I reckon it'll happen like. Ker-fucking-ching

Virat Kohli: India captain says friendships with Australia players are over

India captain Virat Kohli says his friendships with Australia players are over after their heated Test series.

India won the final match of the four-Test series to secure a 2-1 victory.

Prior to the first Test in Pune, Kohli spoke warmly of the tourists' players, saying he was "really good friends with all these guys off the field".

But asked after Tuesday's eight-wicket win in Dharamsala if that was still the case, he said: "No, it has changed. You won't hear me say that ever again."

During the series, Kohli - who missed the final Test with injury - said Australia captain Steve Smith "crossed the line" by trying to get help from his dressing room with the decision review system.

• 4 weeks later...

Ansari's retried at the age of 25. I think both his parents are professors and he seems to have lots of other strings to his bow but it seems like an odd decision from a highly rated young player.

Ansari's retried at the age of 25. I think both his parents are professors and he seems to have lots of other strings to his bow but it seems like an odd decision from a highly rated young player.

Ansari, who has a double first in politics, philosophy and sociology from Cambridge University and a Master's degree in history from Royal Holloway...

Not bad like.

I mentioned last year that AJ Tye was playing in goal for my Sunday league team 5 or 6 years ago before ending up at the T20 WC with Australia. He made his IPL debut a couple of weeks ago and got the best figures for a debutant in the tournaments history. This is a bloke that was dropped from our team in favour of ginger Jack because he couldn't catch a cold :lol: He's a top bloke too

I mentioned last year that AJ Tye was playing in goal for my Sunday league team 5 or 6 years ago before ending up at the T20 WC with Australia. He made his IPL debut a couple of weeks ago and got the best figures for a debutant in the tournaments history. This is a bloke that was dropped from our team in favour of ginger Jack because he couldn't catch a cold :lol: He's a top bloke too

He did well in his second game too but then they dropped him for the third.  Gujarat seem to be fucking clueless this season though so it's no surprise.

Apparently it's his knuckle ball that batsmen are struggling with.

The bit about compensating the counties who would've staged a game isn't the point for me, (I'm not as bothered if it was The Oval or Lords) but if it's taking a game away from places that could do with the boost and prestige of hosting a World Cup game isn't on for me.