The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

fine margins though. get smith out before the close and we've got our noses in front, i reckon

Fine margins? Your batsmen look genuinely scared facing our bowling attack. 6/35 if you need reminding on a flat wicket. :lol:

You did well to get 400 odd in the first innings but you won't get anywhere near that in the second given the deterioration of the pitch and the cracks which provide extra worries for your batsmen. You are fighting to get a draw here.

Edited by Ken

If you take Bairstow, Malan and extras away the other 8 batsmen only got 130 between them. Not good enough on that pitch. Australia will go past our score and win by a wide margin I think. Something in the region of 8 or 9 wickets.

43 minutes ago, Ken said:

Fine margins? Your batsmen look genuinely scared facing our bowling attack. 6/35 if you need reminding on a flat wicket. :lol:

You did well to get 400 odd in the first innings but you won't get anywhere near that in the second given the deterioration of the pitch and the cracks which provide extra worries for your batsmen. You are fighting to get a draw here.

get smith out and your lot still have a collapse in them, i reckon. though if he carries his bat i think you're probably right.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

get smith out and your lot still have a collapse in them, i reckon. though if he carries his bat i think you're probably right.

There is no collapse in us at all. You boasted about an exciting tail, batting wise with your lot before the series started but they are afraid and incapable to finding solutions to the problems our bowlers are throwing at them.

Our middle order was the concern for me before this series started but they have held up well.

And our tail wags. Cummins is good for 40-50 runs every time. Paine is solid. They are far superior to your lot.

There isn't one single facet of the game where your lot might have an advantage over ours and that includes banter as well.

we don't have the pace to take 20 wickets as quickly as your lot in aussie conditions when there's no swing or seam movement. no newsflash required there. you'll win this series, as i predicted. my 4-1 prediction could still come in, if the weather man is to be believed. though i do find it hard to believe ... this is perth we're talking about. 

our lower order has been our strength for the past few years, constantly digging us out of holes after top order collapses, but they have been poor in this series, it's true.

i'm still not convinced you're better than us away from home. beat us at our place in a couple of years and i'll say i'm wrong. until then i'll go along with the rankings, which suggest we're both fairly average teams, with us marginally ahead. 

i treated every point you made with the respect it deserved, but banter? aussie aussie aussie, oi, oi , oi #shanter :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we don't have the pace to take 20 wickets as quickly as your lot in aussie conditions when there's no swing or seam movement. no newsflash required there. you'll win this series, as i predicted. my 4-1 prediction could still come in, if the weather man is to be believed. though i do find it hard to believe ... this is perth we're talking about. 

our lower order has been our strength for the past few years, constantly digging us out of holes after top order collapses, but they have been poor in this series, it's true.

i'm still not convinced you're better than us away from home. beat us at our place in a couple of years and i'll say i'm wrong. until then i'll go along with the rankings, which suggest we're both fairly average teams, with us marginally ahead. 

i treated every point you made with the respect it deserved, but banter? aussie aussie aussie, oi, oi , oi #shanter :lol: 

You don't have the bowlers, pace and spin combined, to take 20 wickets.

Does the weather man predict an England win then? :lol:

Your lower order have been labelled cowardly today by some.

One series at a time man.

Banter on the field that Root, Bairstow, Anderson and Broad have copped. ;)

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

time to get back to your shiraz, ken. 

You're a good sport. I've said this before, I hate the boxing day test to be meaningless. ;)

Edited by Ken

16 hours ago, Alex said:

Never posted during the last series iirc. Bad loser, worse winner

I think I would have. Obviously though I'm tucked away in bed while the majority of the proceedings occur on your patch. I watch a lot while it is on here of course so I can form many, many opinions.

And tbf I have given praise where it has been deserved for your lot here, but there hasn't been all that much to be complimentary about.

Aside from that it has been so pleasurable watching the mental disintegration of Broad and Anderson today, almost as much as watching Steve Smith's Lara-esque innings which has contributed to that mental and physical drain. :D

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Top banter.

England's attack looks absolutely toothless in these conditions. 

Those that have toured here before capitulate the quickest. Mental scars don't go away. That is why the likes of Stoneman, Malan and Overton are holding there own at times. The others apart from Bairstow just give in.

Rain may play a part tomorrow. That is your only hope. :lol:

I see commentators in England comparing Steve Smith with Don Bradman. :lol:

Steve Smith is the best batsman in the world but comparing him to Bradman? The best is yet to come from him.

Better to focus on your own.