The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Ken said:

Benefits of dodgy video umpiring? :lol:

Shut up. We are a better team.

Maxwell should have been given out today, even your commentators said so.  Despite playing poorly and resting half our team we would have beaten you had that been given.  Maxwell was pretty much your only good player today.  Warner and Lynn went for nothing and the much vaunted Stanlake got smashed about the park.  Fair play to Maxwell though, he was excellent against our reserves.

On 2/8/2018 at 03:28, David Kelly said:

Maxwell should have been given out today, even your commentators said so.  Despite playing poorly and resting half our team we would have beaten you had that been given.  Maxwell was pretty much your only good player today.  Warner and Lynn went for nothing and the much vaunted Stanlake got smashed about the park.  Fair play to Maxwell though, he was excellent against our reserves.

And what excuses do you have now after being soundly beaten again?

I thought T20 was your 'speciality'... :lol:

On 11/02/2018 at 08:03, Ken said:

And what excuses do you have now after being soundly beaten again?

I thought T20 was your 'speciality'... :lol:

Reserves played again. We’re clearly focusing on ODI’s ahead of the World Cup. Strange that you’re not really. But you’ve got a much better set up for T20’s. Looks like having Warner captening instead of Smith works well (well apart from his actual batting but he’s been pretty poor all summer). 

We were pretty shit though it has to be said. 

• 1 month later...

What the fuck was that this morning?  Absolutely horrific batting display.  I do worry about a lack of fight in our current team.  I was watching the end of Prior and Monty's stand in our last away series in New Zealand the other day and I just can't see any of the current team managing to do what they did.  I'm possibly being a bit harsh on Overton there actually as he does look like someone with a bit about him, but I'm not really sure he's really going to have enough about him to really claim a regular position in the team.

On 3/25/2018 at 01:24, Alex said:

Absolutely :)

Always clear that Smith had no class, but this just compounds it.  Moron.

This test match has been an unpleasant one, with Warner trying to get hold of the SA wicketkeeper when he said something unpleasant about his wife, and Rabada being banned (and the reprieved) for bumping Smith, but this just takes the biscuit.

Equally clear that the Aussies are happy to hand it out and play the high moral ground, but can't take it. 

Lehman complaining about the crowds getting stuck into his players, but: 

"I hope the Australian public give it to him right from the word go for the whole [Australian] summer," he said.

"And I hope he cries and goes home. I don't advocate walking, but when you hit it to first slip it's pretty hard."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/23778598

:aussie:

• Like 1

Seems very likely that this isn't the first time they've done it.  One of the South African commentators picked up on it and told the cameramen to look out for it and that's how they eventually caught Bancroft.

Obviously the questions are being asked about the Ashes now.  Our performance in New Zealand hasn't exactly meant there's any real reason to question that series other than it seems reasonable to assume that when they've been getting good results based on a mixture of Smith's batting and a fierce bowling attack there's not been a reason for them to suddenly decide to cheat.  We were pretty shambolic over there and you can't really imagine that they would have needed to cheat against us but I find it hard to believe that this is the first time.  Bancroft doesn't exactly come accross that the quickest cat mind so maybe this is just a case of him getting caught because he's not got the wits to hide it properly.

On 26/03/2018 at 09:31, Alex said:

Apart from anything else I can’t believe they thought they might get away with it. 

I can’t believe they were stupid enough to admit it was pre planned and there was more than 1 season involved :lol:

• Haha 1

Well there was never any doubt they'd not be missing for a world cup or Ashes series.  I still think they've been pretty strong with them.  Be interesting to see what the Aussie take on it is.  It seems like there has been a backlash against them so I'd like to know what they think of the ban.

Yeah, I didn't think they'd get that long although I think the pressure on Cricket Australia to act was there from the public and politicians alike.

I see it's emerged they lied when they owned up about it (claiming it was tape from the kit with grit / dirt stuck to it) and were actually using sandpaper :lol: