The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Morgan doesn’t get much wrong but I thought he over-bowled Root. Once he’d done some damage he went for some easy runs. It was clearly a wicket where slower balls and cutters would be effective and those last 2 or 3 overs by Root allowed that match-winning partnership to get going. They did bat fantastically well though and overall the Aussies were the better side over the 3 games. Morgan used Rashid in an odd way. Apart from the last over, which seemed really strange, he was brought into the action late and when he was brought on he was temporarily hit out of the attack only to come back later. I can understand giving him the experience in a relatively unimportant match as a possible rationale behind the decision but Morgan has so many death bowling options anyway. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

OTF channelling Ken here ;)

'ken oath.

Mitch Starc's mum made a few birthday cakes for my kid's birthdays, and she's a champ. That's about my current interest in cricket wrapped up.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I bought my brother one of the 2019 ODI shirts for his birthday and for once im really impressed with the quality of a sports shirt. 

It was quite dear like all sports gear is but it doesn’t feel so bad when it’s actually decent. 

I should have got myself one :lol: 

I can’t wear hats haha 

I got him this one and I dropped it off tonight. He was visibly over the moon, which is nice because I always end up getting him something shit as his birthday is post Christmas.

E0FC2695-3C86-4A5B-88BD-13221FB65E9F.jpeg

Aye I made sure to get him the World Cup winners edition as well! 

We got to the New Zealand game at CLS but I watched the final at his. It’s pretty much the most I’ve celebrated a sporting event, maybe tied with Rob Lee’s goal at Wembley. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Aye I made sure to get him the World Cup winners edition as well! 

We got to the New Zealand game at CLS but I watched the final at his. It’s pretty much the most I’ve celebrated a sporting event, maybe tied with Rob Lee’s goal at Wembley. :lol: 

Yeah would probably by right up there for me too. I was actually at the latter like. I really like the top but it was a slightly odd choice of design. Taking its inspiration from the England World Cup kit in 1992. Where we lost in the final (which you won’t remember but I remember skiving lessons to listen to) 

Yeh it’s a bit strange like but I do like it*.  I think it was more the memories for my brother. We had a hell of time!

No I don’t remember the 92 final, I was far too young :lol: 

*take the logos off and most men over 80 have about 6 of the same style polo shirt.

I just meant it was tempting fate, re the result in 1992. Especially as we were favourites to win the tournament. I still don’t know how we didn’t lose that final like. Would love to see the Kiwis win a World Cup at some point 

Oh, aye. It was an absolutely incredible game of cricket. There’s a few Indians live in our street (they’re actually from India before anyone starts :razz: ) and they were buzzing because it was such an amazing game, when I was talking to them just after it finished. I was more in a daze / emotionally exhausted :lol: