The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He’s doing exactly what he claims Rafiq is doing. He’s equating specific allegations with being in the abstract. Because he has an agenda and he’s waded into something where he knows nothing about the detail, context etc. A classic case of someone looking stupid by trying to look clever. 

Edited by Alex

Just now, ewerk said:

Why the fuck have the BBC got Jordan Peterson on QT?

Exactly. They’ve learnt nothing re: their ridiculous notion of ‘balance’. 

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Why the fuck have the BBC got Jordan Peterson on QT?

This :lol: where the fuck did that even come from? To my knowledge he's not an expert on cricket or racism so why is he even there?

I think his argument is that racism should be dealt with on an individual to individual basis and not structurally  which would fit his overall worldview of hyperindividualism. I'm not clear on exactly what about tackling structural racism he doesn't agree with, or why it would pit one group against another. Surely it would only do that if one of the groups was out and out racist..

Either way, it was amusing. He needs to go back to his YouTube lectures really.

• 2 weeks later...

Boringly predictable batting collapse after England arrived undercooked.

Questions will be asked about batting first and not picking broad or Anderson. The pitch was green, rain was forecast. Not that that excuses the standard batting capitulation 

• Like 1

Batting first in an Ashes series was madness. I know batting is the done thing, but an early wicket totally galvanises the fielding team and leads exactly to what we saw. Put them in, even if you don’t get early wickets you don’t put yourself in a losing position on day one, make them at least work for it.

Try and make a statement with your strongest suit, and that ain’t our batting. Not to mention the green top and cloud cover.

All that said, how the fucking fuck do you get bowled leg stump, by a quickie, first up 🤷🏼‍♂️🙄

• Like 3

Made my annual Day 1 pilgrimage to the GABBA test match yesterday. It's a tradition. And with the English affinity for tradition in mind, you'll all be happy to know that the long tradition of the English losing at the GABBA seems well intact. Even your best friend, rain, seems powerless to help you. *Oh Britannia!*

(God, I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.)

Also, it was definitely a good toss to lose yesterday. Day 1 Gabba is a batsmen's paradise but the weather was muggy af and it was always going to hoop around early doors. But there is ZERO chance an English captain ever chooses to bowl first at the GABBA again after Nasser's gaffe in 2003. If there was ever an opportunity for it, though, it was yesterday. First ball showed that and the lack of resistance afterwards confirmed it. The most resilience I saw all day was from the pisshead who refused to move when the cops and two lots of security guards came to remove him from the ground after they felt de-manned by the size of the mightily impressive cup snake he'd built during the rain delay.

thumbnail_IMG_1251.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6