The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The real question here isn’t the cup snake, it’s  Mr. Stick Legs there- did his shorts shrink, did his legs grow? 

What’s going on with the tan/white band there? 

Also, why is Peter Jackson, by the rail. drinking pints in the Oz end, when he should be fielding Beatles questions in his house in Hobbiton? 

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, toonotl said:

Made my annual Day 1 pilgrimage to the GABBA test match yesterday. It's a tradition. And with the English affinity for tradition in mind, you'll all be happy to know that the long tradition of the English losing at the GABBA seems well intact. Even your best friend, rain, seems powerless to help you. *Oh Britannia!*

(God, I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.)

Also, it was definitely a good toss to lose yesterday. Day 1 Gabba is a batsmen's paradise but the weather was muggy af and it was always going to hoop around early doors. But there is ZERO chance an English captain ever chooses to bowl first at the GABBA again after Nasser's gaffe in 2003. If there was ever an opportunity for it, though, it was yesterday. First ball showed that and the lack of resistance afterwards confirmed it. The most resilience I saw all day was from the pisshead who refused to move when the cops and two lots of security guards came to remove him from the ground after they felt de-manned by the size of the mightily impressive cup snake he'd built during the rain delay.

thumbnail_IMG_1251.jpg

fight me irl you fucking bastard how DARE you come on here and mock us 

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Boringly predictable batting collapse after England arrived undercooked.

Questions will be asked about batting first and not picking broad or Anderson. The pitch was green, rain was forecast. Not that that excuses the standard batting capitulation 

Completely agree about the conditions, but understand Anderson not playing as he will be more suited to Adelaide D/N game.  Why Broad wasn't picked though, to have a first up go against Warner under leaden skies. 

Picking Leach has been shown to be the wrong decision.  Already hit out of the attack after a few overs.

We were always likely to lose this game, especially batting first.  Batting second would have been the best chance of a draw, with the rain interventions likely.

Also, Stokes overstepping is the <insert name here> dropping the Ashes moment.  I don't understand why he was so far over and more importantly why his previous 3 no balls weren't called.  If one or more had been, he may have moved his mark.  He may not have bowled the same delivery, but ... 

At least the Perth test has been moved, so I don't have to put myself through the gloating when it ends up 5-0!  :smile:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, toonotl said:

Made my annual Day 1 pilgrimage to the GABBA test match yesterday. It's a tradition. And with the English affinity for tradition in mind, you'll all be happy to know that the long tradition of the English losing at the GABBA seems well intact. Even your best friend, rain, seems powerless to help you. *Oh Britannia!*

(God, I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.)

Also, it was definitely a good toss to lose yesterday. Day 1 Gabba is a batsmen's paradise but the weather was muggy af and it was always going to hoop around early doors. But there is ZERO chance an English captain ever chooses to bowl first at the GABBA again after Nasser's gaffe in 2003. If there was ever an opportunity for it, though, it was yesterday. First ball showed that and the lack of resistance afterwards confirmed it. The most resilience I saw all day was from the pisshead who refused to move when the cops and two lots of security guards came to remove him from the ground after they felt de-manned by the size of the mightily impressive cup snake he'd built during the rain delay.

thumbnail_IMG_1251.jpg

Nice to see mullets have finally made it down under. You will hit the 90s soon

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Do Aussie cricketers have taches as some sort of joke or tradition, or is having a meaty tache as a young bloke an actual thing in Australia? 

You sound like you're about to emigrate for this very reason 

8ZUwJJS7Afsb7C1lOs (1).gif

• Haha 3

It has been raining like shite here. You haven't had a chance to acclimatise. I can accept that that's why you were shite in the first innings but you lot have put all your money in the ODI side and T20's haven't you?

9 minutes ago, Ken said:

It has been raining like shite here. You haven't had a chance to acclimatise. I can accept that that's why you were shite in the first innings but you lot have put all your money in the ODI side and T20's haven't you?

Yup. Exactly that. No coincidence that the test match side has suffered as a result. Can’t see us making much of a contest of this series. We really needed Archer fit and firing to stand half a chance. Robinson has been a good find and might do well with his extra bounce and consistency but our test batting has been flimsy for a few years now. Still searching for the next Cook/Strauss/Trott at the top of the order and we don’t have a quality spinner. 

• Like 1

It’s the best format, obviously, but they’re probably thinking about money I suppose.

I do like an ODI but T20 on anything but county level can feel like a waste of time. 

• Like 1

The money is in The Indian PL. If your name is called you are guaranteed a million minimum. So the grassroots are just thinking "what should I learn to do this".

That's modern day cricket man