The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I was trying to decide if you're May or Clarkson, but after that I'm afraid it's THE HAMSTER for you. 

For a non viewer you seem to know a fucking shitload about it.

• Haha 5

I guess they like the balance with Woods’ ‘X factor’ pace replacing Livingstone’s part time spin (but of course losing the latter’s batting). Foakes must be one of the unluckiest cricketers going though. By rights he should’ve had dozens more test caps 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

May give Jimmy a rest, don't you think?  Give one of the drinks carriers a go.

I would think he'll want to play, no more cricket for him until Feb in NZ which seems a long way to go for a 2 test series btw.

Maybe give the young leggy a whirl.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Alex said:

If Wood and Archer are fit it’ll make a lot of difference

Wonder if they would play them together, or rotate them given their histories and it's a 5 match series.

4 Seamers:

Anderson

Robinson

Broad (I think he'll come back in)

Wood or Archer

Plus Stokes

Spinner - Leach probably although there's always Moeen, that said Leach has a habit of getting a wicket when you want one even if he seems to be bowling garbage.

Ducket

Crawley (Cummings/Starc/Hazelwood'll eat him alive I fear).

Pope 

Root

Brook

Foakes or Johnny B (I'd rather Foakes - catches win matches as they say).

• Like 2

Yeah, I think probably Wood or Archer even if they’re both fit. Leach will play too. I think Moeen retired from tests (although that doesn’t have to be permanent). I think Leach has been messed about with being in and out the team (before Stokes was captain). If they think he’s the best spinner they should back him and stick with him. I really hope Foakes gers the gloves tbh. I think he’s a pretty decent test batsman anyway but he’s a superb keeper. Should be a good series and hopefully we can sneak a win and regain the Ashes 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah, I think probably Wood or Archer even if they’re both fit. Leach will play too. I think Moeen retired from tests (although that doesn’t have to be permanent). I think Leach has been messed about with being in and out the team (before Stokes was captain). If they think he’s the best spinner they should back him and stick with him. I really hope Foakes gers the gloves tbh. I think he’s a pretty decent test batsman anyway but he’s a superb keeper. Should be a good series and hopefully we can sneak a win and regain the Ashes 

Yeah Moeen retired but he said couple of months ago that he might reconsider.

Whoever get's in for first test squad expect few changes barring injury for the remainder, that's one thing they've stressed, you're picked because we think you are good enough, go and play and don't worry about it.

100% on Foakes.

• Like 2

Resting Jimmy and giving the young spinner a whirl and Foakes in, good stuff.

Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes (c), Ben Foakes, Rehan Ahmed, Ollie Robinson, Jack Leach, Mark Wood.

• Like 2

well that was rather splendid.

Lost in all the batting carnage is the fact we've taken 10 wickets in 9 of the last 10 innings, 6 times on absolute roads in Pakistan.

Aussies'll be  a whole different kettle of fish, but should be fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

well that was rather splendid.

Lost in all the batting carnage is the fact we've taken 10 wickets in 9 of the last 10 innings, 6 times on absolute roads in Pakistan.

Aussies'll be  a whole different kettle of fish, but should be fun.

The seamers picked up their wickets at about 20 collectively too. 

• Like 2