The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1.Football

2.American Football

3.Cricket

4.Basketball

5.Baseball

6.Formula 1

The sports I actually watch and enjoy. Cricket is amazing, then again I love sports that need good technique and mental ability to play

You have put Football down there so contradicted yourself kid.

1.Football

2.American Football

3.Cricket

4.Basketball

5.Baseball

6.Formula 1

The sports I actually watch and enjoy. Cricket is amazing, then again I love sports that need good technique and mental ability to play

oh dear

1.Football

2.American Football

3.Cricket

4.Basketball

5.Baseball

6.Formula 1

And in the case of baseball, a fat arse and limitless capacity to spit

The almost endless variety possible in batting and bowling is part of what makes cricket so fascinating for me. And there's a sharp contrast with baseball there.

1.Football

2.American Football

3.Cricket

4.Basketball

5.Baseball

6.Formula 1

oh dear

It's all subjective though, isn't it? I personally wouldn't choose to watch American Football, Basketball or Baseball but I appreciate others do so a response of 'oh dear' is a tad sanctimonious.

I personally wouldn't watch horse racing - major events aside it bores me stupid but I understand that others (including you Stevie) enjoy watching it.

Each to their own and all that...

I don't mind baseball, as it happens. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it or owt but the point I was making is that it's so limited in it's scope compared to cricket.

Rugby Union is poop tash tbh.

Anyone see Durham on Sky yesterday? Cracking game! Am I fuck travelling to Somerset for the Semi Final though

It's better than cricket imo, and that ridiculous yank variation. Rugby League is a decent sport, really like it, you get shocks all the time, you don't often in Union.

Stevie fishing with a bad case of post-Bank Holiday blues :D

pmsl it's remarkable how well you know me without meeting.

I can read you like a book man :D

Quite like Rugby Union, especially the internationals. I can appreciate League, if you know what I mean, i.e. the commitment, physicality etc. but I find it a bit boring tbh.

Rugby Union is poop tash tbh.

Anyone see Durham on Sky yesterday? Cracking game! Am I fuck travelling to Somerset for the Semi Final though

It's better than cricket imo, and that ridiculous yank variation. Rugby League is a decent sport, really like it, you get shocks all the time, you don't often in Union.

I can totally understand why people find cricket boring like.

Quite like Rugby Union, especially the internationals. I can appreciate League, if you know what I mean, i.e. the commitment, physicality etc. but I find it a bit boring tbh.

I think the 5th tackle rule in League makes it better, in Union you could see a game where one side has 90% of the possession, never happens in League like that.

Personally not a fan of Rugby League and actually it's to do with the 5 tackle rule. Not sure why but I've always preferred Union. Think the fact that I played RU helps with that though.

As for Stevie's fishing, it's not hard to spot. Had I posted that response before on a Friday evening I'd have expected a torrent of alcohol-fuelled abuse :D

I think the 5th tackle rule in League makes it better, in Union you could see a game where one side has 90% of the possession, never happens in League like that.

I'm with Craig really, I think it makes it more one-dimensional.

Yawnion is a kick and clap game :D

Ive grown up watching League and love it. However I can watch a game of Union, but its far too territorial for me. Plus the fact that Carnegie is draining the Rhinos resources this season too :D

I'm with Craig really, I think it makes it more one-dimensional.

I can understand why they've applied that rule - as Stevie says to level out the possession but to me it's fundamentally wrong. The non-contact is what pisses me off particualarly in such a physical game. Much prefer the way union deals with it in rucks and mauls.

Physical strength is one of the predominant factors in the sport of rugby. If that results in one side getting more possession than the other then so be it.

Imagine the outcry if they tried to apply something similar in football. "I'm sorry Mr Rooney, you might have got to the opposition penalty area but your side has been tackled 5 times - hand the ball over please."

I love it, but again, I was raised on it. My old man played it when he was younger so is was the 'other' sport in our house behind football. I have fantastic childhood memories of being taken to the beach or onto the field to be taught how to bat and bowl by the old man..as well as lazy summer days in the garden listening to TMS.

Don't know about anyone else's school, but we had the same dozen kids who were good at every sport, football, athletics, basketball who used to walk around like a dog with two dicks because they were the best. Seeing the surprise on their faces as I clean bowled the fuckers and slogged them out the ground when they weren't expecting it was probably one of the most enjoyable moments of secondary school tbh.

Personally not a fan of Rugby League and actually it's to do with the 5 tackle rule. Not sure why but I've always preferred Union. Think the fact that I played RU helps with that though.

As for Stevie's fishing, it's not hard to spot. Had I posted that response before on a Friday evening I'd have expected a torrent of alcohol-fuelled abuse :D

I'm rarely here on a friday night, but I don't think I've had a crossed word with anyone on here for a year!

I love it, but again, I was raised on it. My old man played it when he was younger so is was the 'other' sport in our house behind football. I have fantastic childhood memories of being taken to the beach or onto the field to be taught how to bat and bowl by the old man..as well as lazy summer days in the garden listening to TMS.

Don't know about anyone else's school, but we had the same dozen kids who were good at every sport, football, athletics, basketball who used to walk around like a dog with two dicks because they were the best. Seeing the surprise on their faces as I clean bowled the fuckers and slogged them out the ground when they weren't expecting it was probably one of the most enjoyable moments of secondary school tbh.

Funny like as we played it loads as a kid too. Used to play it in the street a lot in the summer. Not as much as football but still a canny bit. Used to play with older kids as well as class mates. We're hardly talking about a posh area either. My Dad came from an era where it was played in school a lot too and he's from Walker. It probably helped that BBC had the rights to Test Matches in an era when you only had 3/4 channels too.

Edited by alex