The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I see Wood was saying the other day that he doesn't know whether his body can stand up to test cricket.  It'd be a shame if he can't manage it because he really does give us something different.

Curran was excellent yesterday btw.

And Ball was awful.  Hopefully, this will be the last time we see him playing for England.

10 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

And Ball was awful.  Hopefully, this will be the last time we see him playing for England.

I give Bell credit for sticking with it when he really was in no condition to continue at the end.  But I'm yet to see him do anything in any form of the game to suggest he's up to international cricket.  Mind you I had very similar thoughts about Woakes a few year ago.

On 1/29/2018 at 20:02, Dr Gloom said:

We should just do play the ODI side in tests. Could they do any worse?

Seriously? :lol:

Your ODI team is good, but ours atm is shite. Not the correct balance in the team and the test players backing up for the ODI's were clearly jaded with the exception of Cummins and Hazelwood. The small crowds (except in Perth because it was the opening of a new stadia and half of them left at the break) were a reflection of how the general punter felt about the ODI series.

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

No, obviously not seriously. But there were a number of them that should have been considered for the ashes 

Not a batsman that could have done better. Obviously they are bowlers. Yes?

Edited by Ken

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Typical fair weather Aussie fans tbh.

You have puny little cricket grounds, takes nothing to fill, we have massive stadia. and an unforgiving summer to contend with.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Chomp :lol:

Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi.

worst fans in world cricket tbh

Really?

I don't think so. Test match cricket attendances were high. ODI attendances were low from the first match. That is the first match. Wasn't even half full at the MCG. Goes to show how people feel about the ODI format.

Billy Stanlake is a name to remember and a player to watch in this T20 series against your lot and of course the future. 205cm tall, taller than Bruce Reid, and capable of bowling over 150km/h he would be a nightmare in the long form let alone short spells in T20. Hope his body can hold up;

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/t20-triseries-chris-lynn-and-glenn-maxwell-make-easy-work-of-new-zealand-after-superb-billy-stanlake-spell-20180203-h0t7bj.html