The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Been watching a bit of this after barely watching cricket and I think a good cricket plan would be to simply hit the ball over the six marker every time. Thanks

C L R James, out your fucking heart out

On 11/07/2019 at 18:32, Alex said:

I hope to fuck Gloom reckons on a New Zealand win. He’s been on fire so far

Pessimism borne out of years of disappointment!

If we bat first, we win, I reckon. If we bowl first and get Williamson early, we win. I wouldn’t fancy chasing down 280+ with the pressure to win a first World Cup. 

I hope I’m wrong and we just roll them over like we did the Aussies but we usually have a wobble when we’re favourites. And  I’ll be very surprised if it’s that comfortable again. The semi final display was unbelievable, Geoff.

On balance I think so.

We just need to keep our heads & show our class. Root & Bairstow have all the shots so it’ll be a shame if the occasion got to them.

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Best sporting thing I've ever watched. Cricket throws up some absolute insanity at times. 

It was fucking incredible. I’m in bits 😂

NZ have got to be gutted like. 

That step on the boundary rope and the throw off Stokes bat cost them 10 runs in the last 3 overs 

Great nerve for that last ball field, throw, catch and stumping with a second to spare

Apparently the umpires cocked up for awarding 6 runs when the fielders throw came off Stokes bat. As the players hadn't crossed a second time at the point of the throw they should only have been given 5 runs apparently :lol: