The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

cook should go but the lack of options is striking. eoin morgan is being talked about as a potential skipper in all forms of the game, which says it all when he hasn't played a test for a couple of years.

Has anyone ever been to Durham Jets for a match?

Off to see them this Friday. :up:

Was going to go to a game a few weeks ago. But the lass me mate was going to get us free tickets off couldn't get them any more and we didn't really fancy paying for it.

I hope this helps.

I actually still wouldn't mind going sometime so do tell us what it's like. I loved the day we had at the Ashes last year. We were going to go for a day at the Trent Bridge Test but after the winter we didn't bother. Given the shite wicket they put on I'm glad we missed it.

I've been meaning to go to the T20 all year but haven't gotten round to it so we've ended up leaving it till the last minute and a bunch of us are popping along. I'm hoping for a decent crowd/atmosphere but if not there's a bar so...aye...

I'll let you know! :up:

My mates just text me that this is the turning point for us. I'm not sure everything is rosey and I have massive doubts about Cook as captain but the young players are mainly looking very promising and if the senior players can continue the way have this week, there's something to look forward to.

Worry about our seam bowling opions behind the front two mind.

• 1 month later...

The biggest problem with county cricket is the law/rule which allows the two captains to decide ,even when there are still over to play in the day,that the game is over.Can you imagine that on a football field ?

Not that I agree, but you said that (more or less) about 18 months ago.

It was a great game like, one for the purists ;)

Really pleased for Durham and Breese in particular. They were lucky with the weather too as it looked like it might be a wash-out looking at the forecast on Friday.

• 3 weeks later...

When being interviewed on BBC radio 5 yesterday he was asked about his texts to the South African dressing room.

Adrian Chiles `What did you text'

Pietersen `I haven't got a clue.I know the theme,but i cannot remember what i texted'

Adrian Chiles ` Did you not keep the messages on your phone'

Pietersen ` I don't keep conversations on my phone'

Adrian Chiles ` Who did you text.Was it X,Y or Z '

Pietersen ` I don't know'

Adrian Chiles ` Was it X'

Pietersen ` Potentially'

Adrian Chiles ` Did you work back in your mind to work out who it was you texted'

Pietersen ` No'

What a complete knakka this bloke is.