The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you really think so?

I don't. :lol:

I do. I do think Australia will try to do well in the Eurovision competition, because you need to beat England. It's bred into you.

You gauge your success against us. Like mackems do with Newcastle.

I do. I do think Australia will try to do well in the Eurovision competition, because you need to beat England. It's bred into you.

You gauge your success against us. Like mackems do with Newcastle.

Well then, you are a fool.

We only gauge our success against England when we are pitted against you one on one.

Eurovision... for fucks sake man... :lol:

Russell Crowe was on telly the other day saying that it's bred into every Australian that, whatever you're playing England at, you want to crush them.

So sit on that Ken, you dagg.

Russell Crowe the Kiwi actor?

Australian mackem. Same difference.

Hes apparently thinking about "saving" Leeds United from eternal pointlessness.....he's done well with South Sydney tbf but I think there had been some supporters getting uppity about increased ticket prices but thats probably melted away in the last year or so now theyve started winning trophies...

Back from the game. NZ nearly contrived to throw it away but great entertainment.

So typical for us. I was talking to my step-father the other day (who is an Aussie) about NZs penchant for losing from overwhelming positions of strength. eg. Americas Cup, every RWC between 1987-2011, etc.

In saying that it was the most entertaining game of the tournament so far. Although the Afghanistan win over Scotland was a good one too.

I'm worried the next time we play Australia (which I think would the semi-final, if we get there) we won't be given the chance to carve through them for ~150 again. Our middle order looks brittle at times. Taylor can be a bit lackadaisical at times and the way Elliot got bowled looked really bad (he was backing away like a tail-ender ffs). Anderson rode his luck too and Ronchi is a good hitter but I wouldn't rely on him for a big innings in a crisis.

Reading that back it sounds pessimistic as fuck but I guess its just decades of supporting NZ (and Newcastle for that matter).

The press are running stories this morning about KP getting back in the side.

What do you lads think about KP getting another run in the side? For me he's still got another 3 or 4 years of good cricket in him.