The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vaughan thinks they're looking for an opener for the Ashes and he did well on the Lions tour. I know he's a number 3 usually but it would make sense.

He's always seemed like he would be a good opener to me. He seems to have the temprement (well when he's not having his problems) to be a player who can stick in and you can build your innings around.

I've not followed how he's been doing since he returned like so I don't know if the call up is deserved but really it's the likes of Root, Butler, Ali & Balance who have impressed at various times over the last year whereas the senior players (Cook, Bell, Prior, Anderson, Broad) have been well out of form. We need to help out the youger players so if he is back in form and mentally ok it seems to make sense to bring him back in.

I see Mark Wood from Durham has been called up as well. Meant to be able to get around the 90mph mark, although not your typical fast bowler as he skids it a bit more by all accounts. I'm sure J69 has been out on the hoy with him so will be able to tell us all about what a cunt he is.

Retarded that really. New Zealand will take some beating.

Such a frustrating game for us yesterday. Cant expect to win anything when your fielding is as pathetic as that. A mention for Wahab Riaz though, what an absolutely mental spell of fast bowling, quite possibly would have won the game single handedly if ridiculously easy catches hadnt have been dropped.

Retarded that really. New Zealand will take some beating.

Such a frustrating game for us yesterday. Cant expect to win anything when your fielding is as pathetic as that. A mention for Wahab Riaz though, what an absolutely mental spell of fast bowling, quite possibly would have won the game single handedly if ridiculously easy catches hadnt have been dropped.

Obviously wasn't in on the fix ;)

I think questions need to be asked about McCullum in this WC btw. I know risks go with his style of batting but he hasn't been able to carry a knock on. Needs to do it in the final.

Dont think the revised total was unfair though. Probably just added to the overall tension as well and made for a better spectacle

Dont think the revised total was unfair though. Probably just added to the overall tension as well and made for a better spectacle

I think SA would have gotten a higher score if they'd been able to bat it out. I dont get it why they couldnt extend the time by an hour or so and let them play 50 overs, its the semi final of the World Cup ffs.

I think SA would have gotten a higher score if they'd been able to bat it out. I dont get it why they couldnt extend the time by an hour or so and let them play 50 overs, its the semi final of the World Cup ffs.

I think it was fair and it was a formidable total they could defend after the recalculated score. And, like you say, they had their chances, especially the dropped catch/collision in the penultimate over. Certainly don't feel like the Proteas were robbed in any way.

I thought the Kiwis had their backs against the wall after the Duckworth revision/calculation. The fact that they won is like winning the WC itself. Unfortunately now, they have to travel to the mega cauldron that is the MCG and try and put up a fight. A worthy final, NZ have earned it.

:D Anything other than an Australian victory is unthinkable. Even when I attempt to be unbiased I can't see it any other way.

Look, I'm a fair man, if we lose, which is extremely unlikely, almost impossible, I will come here afterwards to make a fair comment about it and not refer to Bangladesh, OK?

Big if like but if Dhoni can somehow pull this out of the bag then it will have to go down as one of the great performances of any World Cup.