The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Crazy that in a sport like cricket where everything happens so slowly that major umpiring/refereeing stuff can still happen, and even worse can still so drastically affect the result of what is really the premier competition of the sport.

Further to my earlier comments it did actually build some decent atmosphere towards the end. The lunch break came at the wrong time for Australia. Would have been a great one to win, but no shame in losing it particularly given the circumstances.

it's depressing that test match cricket is losing popularity around the world to shorter forms of the game. you can't beat the tension and drama in a low scoring game like that that went so close. still the best form of the game by a country mile for me. roll on lords!

You'd think that given my newness to the sport that it would be the shorter versions that I would find more appealing. But it's definitely the tests that I prefer despite the fact that it's nigh on impossible to see much of it during the week.

Today is all about winning the toss, batting first and batting long. Great day for batting, sweltering conditions to be in the field. Slightly cooler conditions with some cloud cover forecast for the weekend. Another dry wicket looks like its on the cards.

Fucking hell, getting KP early is always a brucy bonus.

Compton looking like he may be proved right. Root a bit green perhaps to be opening in an ashes series. He was doing well in the middle order.

kiss of death. 127/4. top edge fles to the fielder in the deep. he was looking so comfortable too.

this is a 400+ wicket so not looking too rosey after those top order failures. bairstow needs runs.

Took today off as well and I've just been sat out in the garden watching it on my iPad. :D

Pretty similar, I've taken the tv off the unit and put it on the floor by the patio doors so I can laze in the sun watching it with Radio 6's coverage of the Latitude festival

Took today off as well and I've just been sat out in the garden watching it on my iPad. :D

got it on the plasmas at work. tms on the headphones. happy days

We get Aussie coverage here which means they do the introductory analysis. Even they were struggling to talk up their chances today, although they tried gamely. Hugely enjoyable so far :lol: