The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

How would you feel about him getting 100?

If he can get over 40 it would just show up your admin/management that he is third choice.

I honestly like Sam. He has been a major player for the Sydney Thunder and above all he is just a top bloke who loves his cricket

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’s probably 4th choice is everyone is available. Foakes should be no 1 though 

Fair enough but that's the least of your underlying issues

12 minutes ago, Ken said:

Fair enough but that's the least of your underlying issues

It’s an odd one though because it’s been an issue for a long time. Buttler hasn’t really delivered with the bat and has struggled at times as keeper with a few glaring technical issues. Foakes is arguably the better red ball batsman ( far superior FC ave) and is undoubtedly the pick of the wicketkeepers. If you’re going to have any chance in places like Australia you need to take pretty much every chance as a keeper. Also Buttler’s stumping record is about as bad as it gets.

And when I say it’s an odd one it’s because it’s an easy fix / absolute no-brainer 

Edited by Alex

Just now, Ken said:

Well on Buttler I agree. He showed nothing on this tour. I haven't seen Foakes play. But if you think he's the superior player then I would say I hope so :lol:

If you like that sort of thing have a look at some of his keeping dismissals on YouTube. He’s an absolute master technician 

England need to get someone in to teach the young boys coming through to bang it into the pitch rather than skid. And build pace.

As for your top order batsmen... where do I begin?

1 minute ago, Alex said:

If you like that sort of thing have a look at some of his keeping dismissals on YouTube. He’s an absolute master technician 

I respect you judgement and will take your word on it 😉