The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great (and hopefully confidence-boosting) performance. I don’t like Pope at 3 though and Bairstow can still fuck right off 

• Haha 1

almost like a one day game - 299 required from 70 odd overs. in theory it's doable, especially with root in this form, no demons in the pitch and the kiwis minus one fast bowler due to injury. but we all know how this side can collapse - could go either way!

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

play hm at 6 maybe. no way is he a test opener 

Drop him, get another opener in (Compton maybe) and get Ali back for Leach, for me

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Drop him, get another opener in (Compton maybe) and get Ali back for Leach, for me

Is agree re: Compton. I’d quite like Crawley at 3. Pope is a more natural 5 for me (I know he got that 100 in the first innings but it’s a great pitch so perhaps not the best indicator). I always thought Moeen was a very naturally talented spinner who lacked a bit of belief. The thing is, and I’m not sure Leach has the variation to be a test spinner, the last test was Leach’s first home test since 2019. Whoever the spinner is needs more chances than that. Otherwise they get thrown in at the deep end, get hit out of the attack on a pitch that’s not helpful and then you’re back to looking for another one.