The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Just read Rudi Keurtson (umpire) was killed in a car crash the last few days. Shame. 

Aye. Seems like he was genuinely liked and respected by the players 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Is it time to put the clocks back yet? 
:lol:

Unlike men, if a woman says she’s going to do something you don’t have to remind her every six months! 

I’ll let you know 😘

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I was just celebrating your return with your favourite word😀

I think I’ve become desensitised given how many times I’ve used it over the past couple of years. Thanks for making me feel at home though 😁

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, catmag said:

Unlike men, if a woman says she’s going to do something you don’t have to remind her every six months! 

I’ll let you know 😘

Can you please tell Mrs.F she only has to remind me every six months, please and thank you. 
:lol:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, catmag said:

I think I’ve become desensitised given how many times I’ve used it over the past couple of years. Thanks for making me feel at home though 😁

I won’t believe it until I see it…

…please describe Matt Hancock in one word. :lol:

Bazball is going to be completely unsustainable in test cricket over the long term. There are times when what you need is a full day of attritional, dull, defensive knocks. I’m livid that this game was over in 2 days. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, catmag said:

Bazball is going to be completely unsustainable in test cricket over the long term. There are times when what you need is a full day of attritional, dull, defensive knocks. I’m livid that this game was over in 2 days. 

I’m not sure Bazball is even a thing. But I do think the positive mindset that’s cone with the change of coach has been a good thing. I also think him and Stokes have a similar mindset and attacking cricket is generally a good thing too. I don’t like Stokes not batting properly though. He’s far too good for that. What doesn’t get mentioned often enough is this batch of Dukes balls which go soft and don’t reverse as much from about 30 overs onwards. This has been seen a lot in the county championship this summer too. Without that factor the recent successful run chases would’ve been much harder and arguably almost impossible. Especially the one against India. Now it still needed the positive mindset to even go for these chases and the form of the batsmen so I’m not saying it’s purely down to the ball just the current batch made it a lot easier. That, as much as anything though is why it’s unsustainable in tests in England long term. Of course you also, even at present, need to bat long enough to get the benefit of them deteriorating 

• Like 2

Playing attacking cricket doesn’t mean slinging your bat at everything from the get go. I like the positive/aggressive mindset too

but there still has to be an ability to read the match situation and occasionally rein  the aggression in.