NUFC - LCFC 18/10/2014

The Fish

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With out sounding like Pardew this is a BIG game if we dont at least get a point (you would hope for all 3) Everton are at home to Villa and if they get something and we get nothing a gap opens up. If Everton draw and we get nothing its a 3 point gap with Everton. If we lose and Everton win its at least a 4 point gap with other clubs before the results come in.

Cisse’s back – with enthusiasm;

“Papiss (Cisse) looks rejuvenated and there is a bit more enthusiasm in him. We’ve been missing his quality and he is very important.”

Most important thing is a win…;

“The most important thing is that we win the game on Saturday. We need to for the fans and the whole club, I hope we get it.”

Don’t leave the back door open;

“Emphasis will be on us to break Leicester down but not leave ourselves open to the counter-attack. We have to be wary of that.”

This from Pardew's press conference today.

Yeah sounds like it'll be the same team that played against Swansea;

Krul

Janmaat Williamson Colo Dummett

Obertan Sissoko Tiote Colback Gouffran

Cisse

Yeah sounds like it'll be the same team that played against Swansea;

Krul

Janmaat Williamson Colo Dummett

Obertan Sissoko Tiote Colback Gouffran

Cisse

So no Riviere or Cabella that didnt take long.

Don't know what Gouffran's got to do to get dropped.

Be the kind of player that can make a difference in the final third, someone who can unlock the defence...

It was interesting to see the stat on Cabella that he'd created far more chances than anyone else in the team before the last game. Clearly he's not hit near the heights we'd all been hoping yet but he's still a lot more productive than Gouffran.

It was interesting to see the stat on Cabella that he'd created far more chances than anyone else in the team before the last game. Clearly he's not hit near the heights we'd all been hoping yet but he's still a lot more productive than Gouffran.

Yeah, but given the focus under Pardew is "not losing", He doesn't want chances created, he was their chances limited, so he'd rather have a willing donkey like Gouffran ahead of a player with ability like Cabella.

I think you see what a manager is all about during a bad run of form. Some will keep trying to play their way out of trouble. Pardew always looks like he hasn't got a fucking clue how to stop the run and goes ultra cautious. With the opposite effect usually being achieved (i.e. we seem to leak more goals).

Riviere has picked up a knock in training and may not be fit for the Leicester game. With Krul, Dummet & Janmaat all sent home from their respective international teams injured during the week makes you wonder what kind of a team he'll turn out. Remember he brought Cisse on the other week against Hull even though he knew he wasn't fully fit.

Riviere has picked up a knock in training and may not be fit for the Leicester game. With Krul, Dummet & Janmaat all sent home from their respective international teams injured during the week makes you wonder what kind of a team he'll turn out. Remember he brought Cisse on the other week against Hull even though he knew he wasn't fully fit.

The three who were sent home from the internationals are all supposed to be fit aren't they. And I doubt Riviere would have started anyway so I can't see that this changes his plans much at all. Cisse and Tiote's energy levels after the long trips they've had (as well as two games when they'd both been out injured for a while) is probably the bigger issue.

Poor Gouffy, it's not his fault pardew wants a box to box left back and he just happens to play LM.

Not lookin forward to this one, leicester haven't looked that bad so far. I wish he'd play with two strikers though.

Poor Gouffy, it's not his fault pardew wants a box to box left back and he just happens to play LM.

Not lookin forward to this one, leicester haven't looked that bad so far. I wish he'd play with two strikers though.

And who would our second stiker be?