NUFC - LCFC 18/10/2014

The Fish

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tough, how do you explain to anyone that doesn't have NUFC as their focus that your club is rotten to the core. They only see the highlights, the headlines. This "win" will have fans of Spurs or Man City saying "see, all he needed was time, if you deluded Geordies had your way, he'd have been out before this 3 points and you'd be bottom".

What they don't see, because why would they? (Their focus isn't Newcastle United) they don't see that the anger, the frustration is because actually this "win" isn't indicative of Pardew's football in that we won despite his tactics, despite his motivation, despite his coaching. This win is because actually we've a bunch of good players that can snatch a win here or there. What these player can't do is consistently perform when to do so would be to fly against the managers dictat.

On that note anyone notice Ray Houghton's description of Pardew as an "excellent" coach? - horrible faux Irish dwarfy scouse cunt.

:lol: Aye I heard him say that, he went on to talk about how "Alan has a lot of great ideas". I hate seeing and hearing people say stuff like that, if he has such great ideas then why have all of his teams for his entire managerial career played such bland football? There is no evidence to suggest he's some tactical mastermind so why do winnets like Houghton keep plugging lines like that.

Steven Taylor:

But Taylor is convinced that this victory can be the launchpad for United to pull away to safety.

He said: “Everyone put a shift in today, if we carried one person today we wouldn’t have got a result.

Brilliant, there's a nice wee dig at Cabella from Taylor, that'll definitely get the best out of him.

Honestly, the sooner this sycophant pisses off, the better.

Can't believe CT hasn't been back to gloat and tell everyone he was right. Would've been fair play to him if he had as well. :D

Would it? we were as shit yesterday as we've been all season we were just playing a newly promoted team and managed to scratch a win from a good flash from Obertan (that actually deflected).

Would it? we were as shit yesterday as we've been all season we were just playing a newly promoted team and managed to scratch a win from a good flash from Obertan (that actually deflected).

It would've been fair enough from a piss-taking point of view seeing as he'd been championing Obertan.

I'm the only one who sees Taylor's quote as a dig at the flair players?

"If we had to carry one player we wouldn't have got a result"?

I'm the only one who sees Taylor's quote as a dig at the flair players?

"If we had to carry one player we wouldn't have got a result"?

I see it more as being the team ethic fist pumping everyone did their bit and worked really hard sort of angle.

he was hardly going to stand there and say we controlled the game and played great football when it was an ugly, boring, ground out win.

If what I've heard is correct Pardew doesn't do most of the coaching. Or perhaps that should read 'coaching'.

Pardew does our defensive coaching.

Aye, I think I read recently that Pardew spends four days setting the team up defensively and Stone and Carver get one day to work on our attacking play.

Which tells a story in itself.

Edited by ewerk

I see it more as being the team ethic fist pumping everyone did their bit and worked really hard sort of angle.

he was hardly going to stand there and say we controlled the game and played great football when it was an ugly, boring, ground out win.

See I read it as "we've been having to carry players, and that's why we haven't been winning"