The Christmas Thread

catmag

I know, I know - but it is only 9 weeks off. Just wondered if any of you have taken the bairns on the Polar Express that runs from Stanhope? What's it like?

Feel free to use this thread for any other C-word stuff. (No, not that one)

Madness isn't it?

Not having a got at this thread Cath, I get planning early for the festive festivities is necessary. But given the overwhelming nooise I hear from others is that Christmas fayre shouldn't be available until after Halloween at the earliest, I'm surprised you haven't seen one supermarket distance itself from the rest of the market by going all out on ghosts and ghouls while the rest are stocking mince pies that'll be stale by the time the stockings are hung by the chimney with care.

/grump

The Polar Express is nearly booked out so I'm trying to find out if it's worth going, Grinch-face :razz:

Plus, I've started buying presents as I can't afford to get them all at once. So there's a thread - tough shit.

The Polar Express is nearly booked out so I'm trying to find out if it's worth going, Grinch-face :razz:

Plus, I've started buying presents as I can't afford to get them all at once. So there's a thread - tough shit.

My niece took her 2 kids (3&5) last year they throughly enjoyed it

Read the post Hormoaner* Granger, I said I'm not having a got at this thread as I understand the need to book early for the chiddlers stuff. I'm grumbling about supermarkets already stocking Yule Logs and Christmas Panettone.

You can tell you're hungover.

*I get double points for a double pun

Read the post Hormoaner* Granger, I said I'm not having a got at this thread as I understand the need to book early for the chiddlers stuff. I'm grumbling about supermarkets already stocking Yule Logs and Christmas Panettone.

You can tell you're hungover.

*I get double points for a double pun

How am I hungover? :lol: I'm not a fan of Christmas at all actually, but needs must for the bairn etc.

trooper - thanks for the reply, and how the hell did you come across that?! :lol:

Thought you went out with Gemmil et al, I'd need to have drank Stevie's share from the past 50 days to get through that night.

;)

That was 2 nights ago man, and I was fairly sensible. No room for hangovers when a 5-year-old wants you to be the Megatron to his Optimus Prime on a Sunday afternoon.

My sister did the Polar Express, ask her about it. Pretty sure they loved it, but it's pricey.

Yeah, I was going to treat my mam and dad too so it would be fairly expensive. I'll drop her a message - thanks :)