The Christmas Thread

catmag

• 1 year later...

Email has just gone around work about having Secret Santa and Christmas Jumper day and asking if you want to participate.

Because I said no to both I've been called all sorts.  Whoever started this shite needs shooting.

Doing Secret Santa, fuck off to the jumper like, although will wear a silly hat. SS can be great fun, wyki would probably request vouchers.

Why is a hat acceptable, but the jumper is too far? :lol:

I don't have any of this stuff at my office, we just hand out Christmas cards.

Why doe sit make me a miserable fucker though?  That's what I don't understand.

I dont want to wear something that looks shite, nor do I want to spend ages finding something for under £10 for someone either, I have better things to do with my time.  I dont want to receive some shite that will end up in the bin / landfill anyways.  I give the money to charity, far better off.

Why is a hat acceptable, but the jumper is too far? :lol:

I'm totally on board with that actually. You can get a hat from a pound shop and chuck it away again afterwards, a jumper costs more and you have to waste valuable wardrobe space on it unless you want to buy a new one every year :D

I'm totally on board with that actually. You can get a hat from a pound shop and chuck it away again afterwards, a jumper costs more and you have to waste valuable wardrobe space on it unless you want to buy a new one every year :D

Ah, so practical considerations? Fair enough. I thought it was a style thing. No one looks cool in Christmas clothing, hat, jumper or otherwise.

Why doe sit make me a miserable fucker though?  That's what I don't understand.

I dont want to wear something that looks shite, nor do I want to spend ages finding something for under £10 for someone either, I have better things to do with my time.  I dont want to receive some shite that will end up in the bin / landfill anyways.  I give the money to charity, far better off.

It's about getting into the spirit of things and having a bit of craic with your co-workers. 

Ah, so practical considerations? Fair enough. I thought it was a style thing. No one looks cool in Christmas clothing, hat, jumper or otherwise.

There's that too of course. Mind, I'll gladly wear a Santa hat to our Christmas parkrun if only to distract from how much of a twat I look when I'm running. Now that is practical. :good: