The Christmas Thread

catmag

Alex, how do you make absinthe? I quite fancy forgetting the Sheffield Wednesday game if we get beat

I have seen a recipe online before (on erowid.or iirc, even then you needed to have a strong alcoholic base as opposed to distilling it yourself) but I didn't make this as such, I 'infused' it with something ;)

I have seen a recipe online before (on erowid.or iirc, even then you needed to have a strong alcoholic base as opposed to distilling it yourself) but I didn't make this as such, I 'infused' it with something ;)

Peppermint?

• 2 weeks later...

Remarkable to see the gloves come off in the PC stakes at the moment mind you. I think I always had this impression that not saying things like that was legally enforced; very much does seem to be a social thing though. I can see why people think it's liberating to shake it off, but can also see why BAME people are concerned!

Holy fucking wow.

Edit - wait, is that a parody?

I don't think so

here's her Bio though

"Free thinker,logical,analytical,in search of truth...hoping to return to UK soon... Blogger Property Interiors Gardens. Won't retweet Tweets with foul language."

As if the blacks on that advert aren't bad enough, did anyone notice it's a fucking GREY squirrel that's featured. These are the cunts have forced our the good old British red squirrel.

John Lewis is a disgrace tbh. Spend your money in fenwicks.

I don't think so

here's her Bio though

"Free thinker,logical,analytical,in search of truth...hoping to return to UK soon... Blogger Property Interiors Gardens. Won't retweet Tweets with foul language."

Aye, she's getting annoying at the dilution of 'British' culture from her home in France.

As if the blacks on that advert aren't bad enough, did anyone notice it's a fucking GREY squirrel that's featured. These are the cunts have forced our the good old British red squirrel.

John Lewis is a disgrace tbh. Spend your money in fenwicks.

It's a fucking German dog as well.

"who lives in france" :lol:

:lol: Reminds me of the letters in the Telegraph or Mail complaining about the state of Britain then signed off by some retired Major living in Provence

Aye, she's getting annoying at the dilution of 'British' culture from her home in France.

She'll be one of those who doesn't speak a word of the language too after 10 years there.

Booked a lovely little place in Northumberland for 4 nights over Christmas as we couldn't face Christmas day in our house in it's current state.* Don't usually do stuff in this country holiday wise so quite looking forward to a change and wouldn't normally go away at Christmas either so that's also a first.

* Shame things couldn't have been done in time but things are moving along canny so we're getting there and by doing things in stages with friends/relatives/me grafting on rest days I'm saving some decent money to pay back el banco and keep my mortgage down!

Booked a lovely little place in Northumberland for 4 nights over Christmas as we couldn't face Christmas day in our house in it's current state.* Don't usually do stuff in this country holiday wise so quite looking forward to a change and wouldn't normally go away at Christmas either so that's also a first.

* Shame things couldn't have been done in time but things are moving along canny so we're getting there and by doing things in stages with friends/relatives/me grafting on rest days I'm saving some decent money to pay back el banco and keep my mortgage down!

what are you doing to your house?