The Christmas Thread

catmag

Christmas shopping for the rellies is mainly all sorted - having some fairly adventurous readers and music fans in the family tends to make things easy :gettin: - but I still need to get something for the kids of the Aussie wing of the in-laws who are over for one of their occasional visits. A 13-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl whom I've met twice, three years ago, and about whose current likes and dislikes I have pretty much no idea. :panic:

Well don't get them any Lindt chocolates.

:lol:

Coffee all over keyboard..

Can you message their parents and ask what they're into? Failing that, are vouchers an option so they can get what they want whilst they're over here?

Can you message their parents and ask what they're into? Failing that, are vouchers an option so they can get what they want whilst they're over here?

Sam has their dad's work e-mail I think, but he wants to just give them a tenner in a card and be done with it because he's a grouch like that. :D But yeah, that's the fallback, obviously. I think a Gadget Shop knock-off clone has popped up in the local shopping centre for the month so I might nip in and see if they have any random cool useless stuff...

We are having home made curry for Christmas lunch with Christmas pudding and brandy sauce for tea.

We are still having Christmas crackers mind.

I am sure I read somewhere that Santa's suit was actually green and Coke changed it to red for marketing purposes.

We are having home made curry for Christmas lunch with Christmas pudding and brandy sauce for tea.

We are still having Christmas crackers mind.

I am sure I read somewhere that Santa's suit was actually green and Coke changed it to red for marketing purposes.

You just made the baby Jesus cry.

We had chicken and chips one Christmas day years ago after I'd spent all day at work. I couldn't be arsed to cook and I didn't trust the husband to do Christmas dinner.