Football Manager 2015

Andrew

Canny squad that Andrew. Nice first season in all Fish, that Ayoze is a canny player on this one.

Just started a toon game and that Ferreyra is quality for me so far 5 goals in 3 games (3 in 2 games in prem), beat Man Utd 3-0 first game. Haidara seems to be better than last year and I've been trying to offload Dummett. I got Jesus Vallejo on a free (think it ended up costing 1.3m in compo) as he looks handy already at 17, Ante Coric for 900k from Dinamo seeing as he's rated as the next Halilovic, who's the next Kovacic, who's the next Modric. Brought in Innocent Emeghara on a free as a backup up front but I'm unsure if he's any better than the options I have so may have been an error.

Still have about 4m in the transfer pot, I tried for Ayew and Balanta but I didn't have enough to finalise the Ayew transfer (was hoping to get Dummett out the door to cover the difference) and Balanta chose Benfica. I give Ben Arfa a new deal asap and I'm just hoping Roma don't take Mbiwa's low agreed price up, if so I'll possibly sign Ferreyra if he keeps this up.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canny squad that Andrew. Nice first season in all Fish, that Ayoze is a canny player on this one.

Just started a toon game and that Ferreyra is quality for me so far 5 goals in 3 games (3 in 2 games in prem), beat Man Utd 3-0 first game. Haidara seems to be better than last year and I've been trying to offload Dummett. I got Jesus Vallejo on a free (think it ended up costing 1.3m in compo) as he looks handy already at 17, Ante Coric for 900k from Dinamo seeing as he's rated as the next Halilovic, who's the next Kovacic, who's the next Modric. Brought in Innocent Emeghara on a free as a backup up front but I'm unsure if he's any better than the options I have so may have been an error.

Still have about 4m in the transfer pot, I tried for Ayew and Balanta but I didn't have enough to finalise the Ayew transfer (was hoping to get Dummett out the door to cover the difference) and Balanta chose Benfica. I give Ben Arfa a new deal asap and I'm just hoping Roma don't take Mbiwa's low agreed price up, if so I'll possibly sign Ferreyra if he keeps this up.

That sucks mate, He's a beast!

Sold De Jong (£10m), Tiote (£15m), Vuckic (£4m) and Obertan (£1.2m ) for a combined total of £30m

Bought Lacazette (£7.5m), Papastathopoulos (£9m), Ferreyra (£6m), Hughes (£6m) and Patrick Roberts (£8.25m) for a combined total of £36.75)

I'm hoping to sell Marveaux, Ferguson, Colback, Williamson, etc. for another £10m which should give me some cash (c£15m) for the January window if I need it.

Some cracking prospects that I'm lining up for a bid next window:

Donis Avdijaj

Domenico Berardi

Andrew Robertson

Elliott Hewitt

Liam Moore

Luka Jovic

Just bought Ward Prowse for £5m due to tapping him up all season, Southampton being shit and his contract running down another year.

Edited by The Fish

Quality buys there Fish, especially Ward-Prowse he was always a world beater on my FM14 games. Aye I loved Balanta on 14 so gutted I missed out on him, Ashley upped my budget from 4m to 7m (unrealistic or what) so I bid for Ferreyra and the cheeky nob re-signed with Shakhtar!! So I signed John Guidetti for 800k.

I'd love to shift De Jong and Vuckic especially for that sort of money, I can't get any use out of De Jong tbh that ante Coric fella is out performing him and he's only 17. Plus I've been playing Cabella in that position waiting for Ben Arfa back. My team is inconsistent as hell atm, beat Chelsea in the cup, pumped West Ham 5-0 then got a twonking off Swansea. I also just found out that Santon isn't injured but is sitting unregistered in my U21's :lol: . I'm hoping to get rid of Colback as well, I brought in Francis Coquelin for next to nowt and he's always been a decent player for me in previous games.

Also Emeghara is moaning his bits off so I'm flogging him, Perez, Cisse and Ferreyra are all doing so well I've not needed him.

Sitting 1st at Christmas 2015 (12pts clear of Man Utd ...) got Inter in the Champions League 1st knockout round, Newport in the FA Cup, Away to Arsenal in the League Cup.

Moussa Sow has 16, Gouffran(!) has 15 and Ferreyra is struggling with injury and has 10.

Playing 2 formations now:

FM15   Tack   Tactic

FM15   Stack   Tactic

These are my signings thus far, but I'm trying to get a full back to replace Janmaat who, while performing fine, was always fucking moaning.

Trans

I'm off the internet at the new house until the 14th so not been on my PC much.

Once I'm back online I'm going to have a crack at the "You can't win anything with kids" challenge with us, always liked that one.

Haven't started a game with us on this yet like, was waiting for the full version so I could alter some of our stats to what I think they should be. Aarons only has -7 potential for example.

So been fannying around as Bayern to get used to the new features. Playing some utterly ridiculous 3-3-3-1 formation to try and match what Guardiola is doing. I will post up a screenshot of it when I get home.

I never really got into the official challenges.

Just signed Andrew Robertson to replace Janmaat, then realised I'd mistakenly thought he was a right back :doh::lol:

It works mint for Bayern but I doubt it would for anybody else.

Bernat and Lahm have the instructions to play wider so when attacking they kind of play as wing-backs. Plus the centre-backs move wider too.

Cabella has been fantastic for me playing as a trequartista.

Although only played a few league games mind, been trying to create a solid 4-3-3 counter formation to use away from home but haven't managed to scrape a win yet using it. A 4-0 mauling at Swansea being the biggest low point. :lol:

Well, I didn't win anything with kids, in the first season anyway, came 5th in the league.

Had real trouble over summer getting in a good striker despite having 30 million to spend I was going for Remy or Volland and have, eventually, ended up with Remy but I'm not 100% happy with how much I paid.

Was after a good poacher and he fits the bill though hes being kept out by my YCWAWK Striker at the moment.

When the season has ended I think I'm going to break the bank and try and buy Paulo Dybala from Palermo. He looks a phenomenon.

Currently sitting 7th going into the start of January. My form has improved away from home and I am hoping it picks up dramatically in the second half of the season so I can mount a Champions League challenge.

Ayoze has been brilliant for me playing as either a False 9 or Trequartista though.

#FM15 hotfix incoming - should have those of you on new Macs playing a lot faster, and some match engine/GK tweaks too.

Reminder - will happen before 6pm. If your game version still states 15.0.3 on the main menu, you need to update it.

Got a stinker of a May coming up:

Play at third placed Liverpool needing a win to clinch the title. Second placed Man Utd (a point behind) play at all but relegated Leicester.

Face 6th placed Spurs in the FA Cup final

Face Barce-fucking-Lona in the Champions League final

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice worry, but I could do so well but end the season with nothing. :lol:

Getting defence right is hard, I play limited fullbacks and one defensively minded midfielder usually

Aye it's rough, the Goalies are a bit daft at times for me mind. I started a game with Barca to get the hang of it and Ter Stegen has so far booted the ball off an opposition player into his own net three times :lol:. The only thing I'm getting a bit frustrated with is lack of shots on target, I'm getting 20-30 shots a game with around 10-30% on target and thought maybe they were just taking rash shots from distance but when I started watching they're actually getting in great positions unchallenged and then smacking it wide or ballooning it over, fucking plebs. Top of the league still mind which is obviously no accomplishment with Barca but completely forgot about their fucking transfer embargo and I cant buy anyone until 2016 :lol:.

Overall though I think it's an improvement on 2014, haven't tried the tracksuit manager style taking control of training yet mind.

It's a lot harder to keep a clean sheet, but as has been said, if you've fullbacks instead of wingbacks and a proper defensive midfielder in front of the back four, that should help a lot.

Still struggling to find a formation that's working away from home consistently for me like.

Seems impossible on this game for you to try and just keep things tight and counter, as you just invite far too much pressure on the whole team and give the ball away as soon as you get it.

Cheers gonna try the advice given!

I do seem to lose alot of goals from player mistakes, eg giving the ball away randomly and stupidly on an attack, a player dwelling on the ball pointlessly then getting robbed of possession and goalkeepers parrying everything back at the opposition like its a game of FIFA!