Football Manager 2015

Andrew

Still struggling to find a formation that's working away from home consistently for me like.
Seems impossible on this game for you to try and just keep things tight and counter, as you just invite far too much pressure on the whole team and give the ball away as soon as you get it.

Depending on the opposition I'll either play with;

5 in midfield, a bwm and a roaming playmaker and a deep lying playmaker, retain possession, short passing, Deep, Control. And the final 15 minutes or so switch to Contain waste time, play it safe. (If I'm winning obvs)

Or I'll play with a 4-2 (DLP&Reg)-3-1, more direct passing, 2 complete wingbacks, Control. It look a quite attacking line up but it works well against sides that won't dominate possession.

meant to say that Counter attack does invite way too much pressure, Control is better for defending if you've a decent side.

Edited by The Fish

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How abysmal is Krul on the game? He parrys everything and shots go through him or in at the near post, honestly shocking how bad he is. I'm not sure if it's a bug with keepers on this game or just him solely as i havent played another save on it, just wondering what others opinions are?

I think Ive scored more own goals in my first season than Carragher has in a career.

How far are you into it? Ter Stegen was the same for me for most of the first season, starting to get a little bit better now. Regularly punched it back to the same player that had taken the initial shot, kicked it off a player and into his own net three times and even threw the ball out directly to an opposition striker :lol:.

Just finishing my first season now but it felt like a bug as it seemed to happen more and more often and I would concede mostly down to his mistakes of parrying everything or the ball going through his player icon.

Its happened quite often throughout the season that injuries have hampered one position for me all at one, early in the season in was LB then I'd have no RB's, then I'd have no CB's and now I'm having to play Alnwick in goal because injuries have hit both goalkeepers. I can deal with injuries but it seems weird that they always happen all at once and specifically to one position.

Aye I've had similar issues, I was down to using Samper and Roberto as Rafinha, xavi, busquets, rakitic were all hit with multiple injuries, then Iniesta broke his leg :lol: .

I think there is something up with the goalies as well mind, Ter Stegen has been dodgy more often then not, Balanta coming in in January helped shore things up a bit so I think I just noticed him less.

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen it. actually pretty interesting even if you aren't mad keen on the game. Could have been much better, but some interesting bits none-the-less.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For the first time in a couple of iterations I am playing full fat FM rather than classic, downloaded a european super league data file (I love stuff like this) from Steam and took over Lazio in the second division.

Finished in a middling position in season one but am hammering the league in season 2 and am comfortable top at christmas.

I've also recently read the Football Manager Meets Moneyball series on thesetpieces http://thesetpieces.com/features/football-manager-meets-moneyball-pt-1/

Changed up the way I play a bit as a result, wisdom of crowds and all that.

For the first time in a couple of iterations I am playing full fat FM rather than classic, downloaded a european super league data file (I love stuff like this) from Steam and took over Lazio in the second division.

Finished in a middling position in season one but am hammering the league in season 2 and am comfortable top at christmas.

I've also recently read the Football Manager Meets Moneyball series on thesetpieces http://thesetpieces.com/features/football-manager-meets-moneyball-pt-1/

Changed up the way I play a bit as a result, wisdom of crowds and all that.

Keen to start a new game using that money ball approach to try and drag Blyth in the Prem and beyond, but I'm fairly certain Blyth aren't in a playable league?

Also,

Doesn't a lot of this sound familiar:

1. Net wage spend is more important than net transfer spend (pp. 14-21)

2. Don’t needlessly splash out on new players or sell old ones when you take over a club – the New Manager Syndrome (pp. 21-22)

3. Don’t buy players who impressed at international tournaments: they’re likely to be overvalued and past performance is no indication of future performance, especially when they’re playing with a different team (pp. 22-24) – there are different incentives and a different tactical set-up at tournaments, and it’s a super small sample size.

4. Some nationalities are overrated, like Holland, Brazil, and England (pp. 24-25)

5. Sell your players at the right time: when they’re around 30 years old, goalkeepers aside (p. 29)

6. Use the wisdom of crowds: ask all your scouts and a Director of Football if you have one (pp. 43-44)

7. Buy players in their early twenties, which avoids the problems with not developing properly, and means previous statistics have greater value (pp. 45-47)

8. Centre-forwards cost more than they should (p. 47)

9. Sell any player if a club offers more than they are worth and try to replace them before they are sold (pp. 48-49)

10. Don’t buy players if you don’t need to: develop a youth network and try to develop your own players (pp. 49-51)

mike-ashley-strips.jpg

If they aren't there are a load of highly rated data files on the steam workshop that extend to go further down the leagues, especially for england.

And aye I thought that myself (wrt this sounding a lot like our approach), that said you could still take a moneyball approach and be ambitious, our main problem...

If they aren't there are a load of highly rated data files on the steam workshop that extend to go further down the leagues, especially for england.

And aye I thought that myself (wrt this sounding a lot like our approach), that said you could still take a moneyball approach and be ambitious, our main problem...

I think that's a bigger frustration to me than being shit, to be honest. Having realistic expectations and landmarks is one thing, but dreams should be limitless.

'It's not beyond our wildest dreams because we did have wild dreams'

Keen to start a new game using that money ball approach to try and drag Blyth in the Prem and beyond, but I'm fairly certain Blyth aren't in a playable league?

Also,

Doesn't a lot of this sound familiar:

mike-ashley-strips.jpg

Tbh that's the way I tend to try and be on most of my FM games anyway. Does he got into more detail on how to adhere to the rules?

Tbh that's the way I tend to try and be on most of my FM games anyway. Does he got into more detail on how to adhere to the rules?

I tend to play as Newcastle and within a few years I'm challenging for the title even with Ashley's budget restrictions. But starting a money all game with Blyth should be much harder and much more fun because of it.