Football Manager 2015

Andrew

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://thesetpieces.com/features/football-manager-meets-moneyball-pt-8/

moneyball part 8 is out.

Got a little bored with my games lately and have just started a new NUFC save edited to within an inch of its life to tide me over. Realistic games are too depressing at a time like this.

What have you edited in/out?

Last time I started a new Necastle save I changed Ashley's age to 99 and status to 100 so he's looking to sell up asap. Hasn't made a huge difference, new owner still keeps the purse strings pulled tight, but at least now the success I bring won't reflect well on Fanks Mike.

Using the real time ed to just dick about with things really, created a Messi clone for us, gave us all of the money.

Binned off the entirety of the coaching staff immediately and started signing as many high PA youngsters as I possibly could.

Will probably kill off Ashley and Charnley some time soon.

Using the real time ed to just dick about with things really, created a Messi clone for us, gave us all of the money.

Binned off the entirety of the coaching staff immediately and started signing as many high PA youngsters as I possibly could.

Will probably kill off Ashley and Charnley some time soon.

I worry that this game is responsible for much of my real-world optimism. :lol:

It's so fucking easy to get the club running right, even under tight financial restrictions. Just need the right scouting and coaching staff. Even when my £30m rated Will Hughes is sold from under me after tearing up the Premier League, I just pootle off and sign Gaston Gil Romero for £7m (or whatever) and the plaudits and trophies come rolling in.

I don't know that the game is capable of recreating the crap that is now our club tbh.

I will struggle next season (FM not IRL) though since I have demolished FFP this season

I don't know that the game is capable of recreating the crap that is now our club tbh.

I will struggle next season (FM not IRL) though since I have demolished FFP this season

Can't you just sell some bang average players for vastly increased sums?

I'm not sure I can force the game to go for it.

When I've spent about 300 million selling ryan taylor won't help much

I'm not sure I can force the game to go for it.

When I've spent about 300 million selling ryan taylor won't help much

Can't you just take over another club, buy Ryan Taylor for £12m, rinse repeat?

Did that with CM01/02 when I was in a strop because I hadn't figured out that buying players that I already knew wasn't the best way to win.

meh, effort.

:lol:

That is some impact by Ashley. He's made you so disillusioned, you can't even be arsed to cheat properly.

I'll just continue to make a mockery of FFP to be honest, if I get CL next season (which I probably will given the team I have) then I'll either be DQ'd or have squad limits, and then I'll just keep going until I dont need to spend anymore and then ill be fine.

So so close to an unbeaten league season :(

Wrapped the title up with 6 games to go and bloody southampton beat me in the 36th league match...

FFP navigated by inflating the shite out of my sponsorship money, CL next season.

The Messi clone (creatively named after myself, yes I am that immature) and Memphis depay had a great battle on the goalscoring front but it was in the end won by notMessi who went on an end of season tear and finished with 46 goals to Depays 41.

Still hasn't had an england call up despite scoring more than 100 goals in 2 seasons, think that might be down to some editing fuck up not letting him be called though, might take over england and see if I can do it.

I'm still playing Janmaat and Krul as there aren't many good right backs knocking about and Tim simply hasn't let me down, averaging over 7.00 in both seaons which is good for a keeper who doesn't have much work to do.

The squad is preposterous, especially at CM where I have two spots for Pogba, Pjanic, Strootman and Ramsey to fight for.

I do sort of wonder what would happen if a club took the "fuck ffp" mindset, if we were bought by some super rich lunatic who spent hundreds of millions on us in one season, flaunting FFP completely to drag us up to a level of getting in the CL, having us excluded from it for one season, would UEFA actually let that club back in the following season with no further ramifications or would they take a sour view of someone completely fucking off their clever rules?

No clue tbh Andrew, that game sounds a laugh mind. They just hit teams with heavy fines that failed last time but I don't know what they'd do in the sort of situation you're on about.

I've been playing a game using the moneyball approach that you posted the other week but I chose Sheffield United, I got them into the Premiership relatively easily with back to back promotions and finished 9th in my first Prem season but didn't sell any players for the mental money that he managed to get despite similar high performances, Che Adams scored 30 for me in the Championship which prompted a 7m bid from QPR but he rejected it. My star finds so far have been this winger called Hernani from Porto that I got for 160k and he's been averaging over a 7 for me in the Prem, worth around 5m now and a striker called Kleber also from Porto reserves and despite 15 goals in the Premier League I got no bids.

I've been struggling for goals 2nd season and I was given a decent transfer budget for January, I've tried Chris Woods, Charlie Austin and Babacar all bought for under 800k each and none have worked out over the last 2 years.

I sold my star centre back Pablo Insua after my first Prem season for 10.25m to Liverpool and he promptly tore his hammy upon arrival ( :lol: serves the pricks right for unsettling him) so it funded a few buys to strengthen the squad which as of December 2017 is:

Vinicius Araujo (from Valencia for 1.2m worth 7m)

Mohammed Salah (4.3m worth 8.5m) Ryan Mason (3.6m now 9m) Hernani (160k now 5m)

Louis Reed (youth player) Joshua Guilavogui (1.2m from Barca B now 6m)
Davide Santon (3.6m now 5.5m) Sergi Gomez (2.3m now 7.25m) Eric Matholo (free now 2.6m) Ivan (1.6m now 5.75m)
Fernando Pacheco (free from R. Madrid when in Championship, now worth 4.1m)

Also Have:

Danny Wilson (free, worth 7.5m)

Dodo (1.6m worth 2.5m)

Andi Weimann (450k worth 1.8m)

Josh McEachran (67k worth 400k)

Nick Powell (Free now 1.7m)

Paul Dummett (600k now 1.6m)

Guido Vadala (3.6m now 5m)

I also had Lucas Silva from Madrid, bought him for 3m and sold for 15m to Napoli.

I have signed a few players for the January window:

Mitrovic (6m which is my biggest signing), Corentin Tolisso (3.2m), Munir (2.1m, I didn't need after Mitrovic but saw him for this ridiculous asking price) and Serge Gnabry (3m)

Every player in the squad is on less that 22k a week, the only ones that will be on more than that now are Mitrovic and Munir who took 34k and 27k contracts. The club is saying it'll easily manage FFP and projects 160m profit (that's what it says in that FFP report I know it never ends up being that much) and I'm untouchable at the moment. Hoping the new signings can give me an extra bit of quality to get me in the Europa League, I'm surprised at the mental transfer bids some of the other lad that done it managed to receive but I've been accepting any that come in at above their valuation.

Ryan Mason is my captain and has been great for me but hasn't received an England call up yet (Delia is managing England and is doing a shit job) despite public pressure over the last 4 squads. The only player that has really survived from the original Sheffield squad besides Louis Reed is John Brayford, he's not really up to the level I want but he actually outperforms his stats and every member of the squad has "thinks John Brayford is a good player" in their information so I'm sure he has great hidden stats.

I accepted a job offer from Schalke so have split my game in two (one saved just before I accepted the Schalke position so I can go back to it) as I fancied the challenge of trying to moneyball Bayern out of the title :lol:. I think the game has a slight limit on this type of game method mind as anytime I get to a point where the players are mostly regens they always seem to shoot up in price and begin to demand insane wages very quickly, hopefully it's better on this FM as I've not reached that point yet on this one.

Edited by Howay

:lol: Aye crackers tbh, Dummett has actually been good due to his versatility. I'm glad I kept a save from before I took over Schalke as I'm starting to miss my Sheff Utd game after writing that!

Great, cos of this conversation, I'm now tempted to buy the Football Manager Classic for the iPad and play it at work...

If anyone wants FM2015 for nothing (as long as you're not a wank) PM me your address and I'll send it. It was the first one I bought for 4 years, and with my present state just haven't got the patience or lust for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...