Football Manager 2015

Andrew

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in January.

fm15

Sold a bunch of useless for a sum total of about £5m so that I could afford these two.

Balanta

Got Balanta for £7.25m

Sow

and Sow for £8.5m

Totally broke now though and unsurprisingly, Ashley won't free up more funds despite the squad getting loads of injuries (Santon hasn't played a single game).

You been able to hire new coaches? I can't at all. Even tried hiring Leonardo as DoF to see if he could circumvent the problem, but no luck.

Just in January.

fm15

FM15Tactic

Sold a bunch of useless for a sum total of about £5m so that I could afford these two.

Balanta

Got Balanta for £7.25m

Sow

and Sow for £8.5m

Totally broke now though and unsurprisingly, Ashley won't free up more funds despite the squad getting loads of injuries (Santon hasn't played a single game).

You been able to hire new coaches? I can't at all. Even tried hiring Leonardo as DoF to see if he could circumvent the problem, but no luck.

I haven't tried to yet tbh, I managed to sign Andre Ayew in the first summer and christian clemens on loan for the wings (expecting HBA back next season so didnt need a permanent option there).

no signings made in Jan as I didnt have enough money to get anyone I wanted.

MYM and Ben Arfa back will make a massive difference to me next season, Santon and Haidara have basically rotated for me in season one as Santon can't stay fit.

I haven't tried to yet tbh, I managed to sign Andre Ayew in the first summer and christian clemens on loan for the wings (expecting HBA back next season so didnt need a permanent option there).

no signings made in Jan as I didnt have enough money to get anyone I wanted.

MYM and Ben Arfa back will make a massive difference to me next season, Santon and Haidara have basically rotated for me in season one as Santon can't stay fit.

Don't both of their contracts end in the summer though?

You got a screen grab of Ayew and Clemens? Gouffran is decent and HBA might return and be good, but I like having 4 wingers that can rotate. I've occasionally been playing Cabella out wide left or Perez on the right. De Jong has been shit for me. Doesn't score and doesn't create... I can't see the point in him at all.

Haidara has been 1st choice all season as Santon has been missing through injury until now (1st thing he did was complain he wasn't getting enough games... he's been fucking injured!)

De jong has been a good player for me though Clemens has got tons of goals this season tbh.

MYM's doesn't until the year after iirc and I got HBA signed to a new one as my first order of business when I took over.

De jong has been a good player for me though Clemens has got tons of goals this season tbh.

MYM's doesn't until the year after iirc and I got HBA signed to a new one as my first order of business when I took over.

Do you play him as the suggested "Shadow Striker" just behind Cisse/Ferreyra?

He's been fine for me, I'm 7th and staying there with 1 game to go in the league (I think) my front 5 players have all contributed well, Cabella, De Jong, Ayew, Clemens and Riv all have a decent few goals between them, I think Rivieres main strengths are that he opens up a lot of space for the others, Clemens particularly seems to get a lot more goals when he plays than when Facundo does, Cisses never really featured.

He's been fine for me, I'm 7th and staying there with 1 game to go in the league (I think) my front 5 players have all contributed well, Cabella, De Jong, Ayew, Clemens and Riv all have a decent few goals between them, I think Rivieres main strengths are that he opens up a lot of space for the others, Clemens particularly seems to get a lot more goals when he plays than when Facundo does, Cisses never really featured.

Are you going to take Ferreyra for the agreed £6m? I'm tempted, but I reckon there are better strikers out there.

Cisse will be sold asap, he's horse shit. On your advice I've got my scouts stalking Ayew and Clemens.

Nope, I used him at the start of the season and he was hopeless, cisse is going as well, going to make changes up front this summer.

MYM coming back and colo can manage another season if I can't afford a CB in that time, Anita and Sissoko have been excellent in the centre of the park, I've got Rabiot coming in on a free. Hardly used tiote.

Anita as an Anchorman funnily enough as I had intended that to be Tiotes spot, but Anita got it and never looked back.

Sissoko as a box to box aye

Into summer now, finished 8th first season.

given 17 million to spend, sold Cisse and Tiote and Gouffran

Rabiot in on a free, not that good yet but has a lot of potential, Lacazette in for 6 million and Van Dijk in for 6 also.

Still have about 15 million to spend, want another striker who can possibly fill in on the wings as well and possibly a right back, maybe De Vrij as he can cover the centre as well.

Into summer now, finished 8th first season.

given 17 million to spend, sold Cisse and Tiote and Gouffran

Rabiot in on a free, not that good yet but has a lot of potential, Lacazette in for 6 million and Van Dijk in for 6 also.

Still have about 15 million to spend, want another striker who can possibly fill in on the wings as well and possibly a right back, maybe De Vrij as he can cover the centre as well.

Just searched for them, Lacazette is £11m on mine, Van Dijk just moved for £7m same for De Vrij.

I need a proper striker and a long term replacement for Colo.

Well thats why I've signed Van Dijk.

Colo is still pretty good but is 33, preseason will decide whether he or VVD partners Mbiwa.

If I can't get De Vrij i'm going to get Clyne who moved to Arsenal last season and is now on the transfer list for peanuts.

I've been tempted by Kagawa who is transfer listed but I'm struggling to justify it when I already have two good number tens.

I'd highly recommend Balanta, he's been awesome all season. Tires a bit if you play him loads, but cup rotation should be enough to keep him sharp.

Made a lot of changes over summer, team looks like this now

Krul

Darmian

MYM

Van Dijk

Santon

KP Boateng

Sissoko

HBA

Quintero

Ayew

Lacazette

Subs;Janmaat, Colo, Haidara, Rabiot, Cabella, De Jong, Riviere, Ayoze.

My defence now pushes on less but there is more pace and strength in midfield and more quality up front, Darmian is a defender first and foremost, Anitas deep position has made way for Sissoko as a DLP with defensive duty and Boateng as a box to box.

Krul got injured for a few games and had to use Darlow who was actually very good.

Into December and battling out 4th/5th with Arsenal but well ahead of the chasing pack behind.

I have about 10 million left over from my summer dealings but Im not sure where to use it in Jan or if I even need to.

Finished 3rd in my first season, behind Chelsea on Goal Difference. I score loads, but my defence is turbo shit. Moussa Sow won Footballer of the Year (G 21 A 12 Avg 7.66) and Cabella got Player's Player (G 15 A 14 Avg 7.49). Those two and Balanta got in the Team of the Year.

I'm looking to buy Lacazette and Van Dijk, but not sure if I'll have the money for that. I do want to grab some young English players though.

It'll be

Krul

Janmaat/Anita Balanta Colo/Van Dijk Santon/Haidara

Tiote Sissoko

Ayoze/Gouffran Cabella/De Jong Sow

Lacazette/Ferreyra

Have you seen some ridiculous players showing up on the transfer list? So far theres been Gotze, Kagawa, Jese, Rossi, Asamoah and a lot of others.

was half a million away from affording asamoah as well, quality player

Have you seen some ridiculous players showing up on the transfer list? So far theres been Gotze, Kagawa, Jese, Rossi, Asamoah and a lot of others.

was half a million away from affording asamoah as well, quality player

Not yet, but I'll have a gander.