Liverpoo

OTF

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: They can lament how shit Liverpool are all they want, they're right. But a big part of why they were shit today was our players effort and the tactics (shocking) and they can fuck off if they're not going to acknowledge that. We controlled the game through Colback and Abeid, a pairing that cost next to nowt dominated Henderson, Gerrard and Allen who cost around 40m (with help from the 4m Sissoko of course). We exploited their naivety at the back and Rodgers done nowt to change it, he just persisted with Moreno and didn't instruct his players to assist much other than Lovren coming over which left the centre short.

I'd still like to see us create more but I'm very happy with the game today and we've shown big strides week on week as they gain in confidence.

I'm sure they'll be happy to take the credit :D

Their was a lack of effort and drive in previous weeks. Someone's given the squad a right rocket up the arse because they've been running their socks off the last few games

A lot of commentators saying he never lost his dressing room. Maybe it was just crap tactics but the players were with him, apparently.

I must say I thought we defended really well today though I think Liverpool made us look better than we were they were that shit.

Sissoko's end product still needs work, but the man carries the whole team at times. Did so again today when the front three of Aarons, Sammy and Ayoze were getting bullied a bit.

Also good to see Janmaat coming into his own now. The tackle on Ballotelli was stupid to say the least but it's funny now that he wasn't sent off. Very solid performance again.

Everything's encouraging when things are going well ;)

Hate to be cynical but the three wins have been against piss poor teams.

Hang on, do you mean the three wins have been against sides that've have delivered piss poor prformances, or that the standard of players in those teams is piss poor?

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game and instead had to sneak updates while out for a long lunch. I'll definitely be searching for a full match torrent asap though.

Cracking run of results and important that we've kept a clean sheet in 2 1/2 games. Now that the Defence can play with more confidence I'd hope that Cabella and the more creative players will receive the ball under less panicky circumstances. Meaning they'll be able to do more with it.

Terrible misfortune for Obertan, has anyone heard how long he's out for?

Really looking forward to the next 4 games. West Brom, Queens Park, West Ham & Burnlet. I don't think we'll get maximum points because that's unreasonable, but I do hope we can go into those games with far, far more confidence than we were expecting to. I said elsewhere that I hoped to get points from those 6 games, I certainly wasn't expecting 9 from the 1st three!

Has Pardew finally woke up on his substitutions?

He had no choice with Obertan but Aarons was the right change to make.

He apparently got it right by taking Cisse off and putting Perez in, Perez scored the winner.

He was right to take Sammy off. Sammy had a lively first half and was causing the bin-dippers problems, he was just as lively in the second half but was trying too much, being selfish, accomplishing little, and was losing possession too easily.

Janmaat is beginning to show why he plays for Holland.

The pairing of Colo and Saylor appears to be much better than Colo and Willo.

Dummett looked better and shut out Sterling for the most part.

Where the fuck did Abeid come from? 2 strong games as a starter.

Hang on, do you mean the three wins have been against sides that've have delivered piss poor prformances, or that the standard of players in those teams is piss poor?

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game and instead had to sneak updates while out for a long lunch. I'll definitely be searching for a full match torrent asap though.

Cracking run of results and important that we've kept a clean sheet in 2 1/2 games. Now that the Defence can play with more confidence I'd hope that Cabella and the more creative players will receive the ball under less panicky circumstances. Meaning they'll be able to do more with it.

Terrible misfortune for Obertan, has anyone heard how long he's out for?

Really looking forward to the next 4 games. West Brom, Queens Park, West Ham & Burnlet. I don't think we'll get maximum points because that's unreasonable, but I do hope we can go into those games with far, far more confidence than we were expecting to. I said elsewhere that I hoped to get points from those 6 games, I certainly wasn't expecting 9 from the 1st three!

We're setting up to counter attack at pace now, rather than the hopeful lump up top which doesnt suit our forward line at all.

We've pulled together decent runs like this one often in recent times. Then we suddenly implode out of nowhere and its back to square one.