Liverpoo

OTF

:lol: What a winnet Taylor is man.

Good first half there, we've been the better side and have carved out some decent chances. It's good to see so many of the younger lads getting a chance and doing well, feel bad for Obertan and hope it's nowt serious. Sissoko needs to pass the ball mind, there's been a few runs where Aarons, Cisse, Obertan and Ameobi have all been in good positions outside of him and he's opted to try and beat two players in front of him, it's got us a couple of free kicks but I'd rather he'd pass it.

That's the problem with Sissoko - got all the physical attributes but doesn't appear to have the best 'footballing brain'. Sadly I don't think our coaching staff help him much with that.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we've been pretty solid and have tried to break on them and have players who fancy it. Struggling to see Anita getting back into the side, unfortunately might see Williamson at some point if that knacker Taylor gets a second yellow.

Liverpool are there for the taking.

Sorry to see Obertan go off in that fashion, just when he may have had a chance at finally being something here.

Seems like one of those games where the odd goal from a set piece or a stupid mistake will settle it.

Oh and what an absolute tit Taylor is. Can see him conceding a dumb penalty and being sent off :whistling:

On Sissoko: he's got his head down when he runs. Thankfully he's good at body fakes so he does relatively well at beating a man when on the trot. More than a little frustrating for those making good runs adjacent to him though.

Edited by OTF

That's the problem with Sissoko - got all the physical attributes but doesn't appear to have the best 'footballing brain'. Sadly I don't think our coaching staff help him much with that.

Aye it's a shame because he sets up some brilliant counter attacks with his strength and pace only to waste it by running head down into three players.

Poor management tbh.

Agreed, he's obviously been restraining them and now he's had a lot of pressure he's let them be a bit more adventurous. I think Colback and Abeid have been class in the centre.

If we can hold on for this result it seems unlikely that we'll be shot of Pardew this season. If we play like this consistently there can be no complaints.