Global Warming

donaldstott

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bee flew into the office today. A bee in mid-January, that's ludicrous.

It is also t-shirt weather.

We're all going to drown or burn to death!

81367[/snapback]

Agreed. I've got daffodils appearing in my garden ffs! :rolleyes:

81367[/snapback]

Agreed. I've got daffodils appearing in my garden ffs! :rolleyes:

81374[/snapback]

Where do they normally appear, like?

81367[/snapback]

I saw some midgees the other day too.

81367[/snapback]

I saw some midgees the other day too.

81580[/snapback]

Scottish Mag and Papa Laz?

Snow in Switzerland...I'd love a bit of t-shirt weather, I can't wait for spring and summer.

81623[/snapback]

In 20 years your glaciers will have melted and you will have lost your major tourist injury. Or not, as the case might be. :lol:

At a conference on Tuesday in Aberdeen Lord Browne, Chairman of BP said flatly "the vast preponderance of serious scientific opinion is that Global Warming is occuring and is accelerating - anyone who denies this has their head stuck in the sand"

presumably sticking his finger in the eyes of the CEO of Exxon...........

Weren't you lot (generalisation) going on about how bloody cold and snowy it was in England and Europe in general about a month ago? *could be mistaken but I doubt it*

Weren't you lot (generalisation) going on about how bloody cold and snowy it was in England and Europe in general about a month ago? *could be mistaken but I doubt it*

81843[/snapback]

People describe a light frost as an ice age here now. :lol:

There is no doubt about it the world is a changing and global warming is effect our climate.

The week between Christmas and New Year the temperature here hovered around the high 30 deg C with it reaching 50 deg C on New Years day, 50 fucking degrees!

Since then it has averaged 23 degrees C and rained constantly.

The Earth's climate is constantly changing though..... we keep dipping in and out of ice ages... how do we know this is human-related "global warming" and not just the Earth's climate changing anyway??

There used to be hippos in North Yorkshire. I bet they weren't whinging about global warming that millenium..... :lol:

The Earth's climate is constantly changing though..... we keep dipping in and out of ice ages... how do we know this is human-related "global warming" and not just the Earth's climate changing anyway??

There used to be hippos in North Yorkshire.  I bet they weren't whinging about global warming that millenium..... :lol:

82267[/snapback]

Because normally these changes happen over centuries or millenia, not over a few decades?

Because it was predicted and is scientifically plausible?

Because there have been no natural phenomena that could account for it over this time period (e.g. increased solar output, changed tilt of the Earth or whatever)?

A bit of a coincidence the Earth is rapidly getting hotter and this correlates almost perfectly with a rise in CO2, which in turn corresponds perfectly with the increased use of fossil fuels, don't you think?

There used to be hippos in North Yorkshire.  I bet they weren't whinging about global warming that millenium..... :lol:

82267[/snapback]

Because normally these changes happen over centuries or millenia, not over a few decades?

Because it was predicted and is scientifically plausible?

Because there have been no natural phenomena that could account for it over this time period (e.g. increased solar output, changed tilt of the Earth or whatever)?

A bit of a coincidence the Earth is rapidly getting hotter and this correlates almost perfectly with a rise in CO2, which in turn corresponds perfectly with the increased use of fossil fuels, don't you think?

82278[/snapback]

I'm with Lou on this one. We've gone from complete ignorance to hysteria and half-truths. Europe and North America had unseasonably cold winters for over a century in recent times, similar to some of the weather we're seeing now, but now everything is a sign of impending doom. Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned about global warming and there is enough evidence there to take this very seriously, but it's just the latest soap opera.