QPR (h) 22/11/2014

The Fish

Newcastle United v Queens Park Rangers

alan-pardew-liverpool-newcastle-premier-

Newcastle are just flying and Alan Pardew has really turned things around after looking like he could be on his way out. They went to West Brom and were as comfortable as I have seen anyone at West Brom. QPR have turned the corner a little bit, too, and so this is not a foregone conclusion for Newcastle. I reckon QPR will hold them to a 1-1 at St James' Park.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1

Newcastle v QPR

This looks like the perfect chance for Newcastle to extend their five-game winning run against a QPR side that does not travel well at all.

QPR have undoubtedly become more competitive of late, but Bobby Zamora is not so effective away from the tight pitch at Loftus Road.

I cannot see Harry Redknapp's side creating as many chances as they did in their draw with Manchester City last time out, and they will stay stuck in the bottom three for at least another week.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

19awiw.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going to have a lot more of the football than we have enjoyed recently, I'd start Cabella but try to stretch the game as much as possible. Pull a fairly slow back line back and forth until there's a gap.

We're going to have a lot more of the football than we have enjoyed recently, I'd start Cabella but try to stretch the game as much as possible. Pull a fairly slow back line back and forth until there's a gap.

Think the latest vogue of sitting uber deep will continue and hit on the break. Agree about Cabella he's starting to understand the PL and not crying every time he's slammed into.

It's interesting to see that we're apparently very strong at coming back from losing positions now. That was something we fucking awful at just a few weeks ago.

I agree with Parky, our injuries level this out a lot more than I think it would have been and they aren't that bad (although their defence has looked shite and their passing accuracy isn't the best when I've seen them).

It'll be interesting to see how we handle playing a team down the bottom who aren't going to be looking to dominate possession.

Regardless of the above, it's generally just very difficult to win five premier league games in a row. It will be very impressive if we manage it.

Think the latest vogue of sitting uber deep will continue and hit on the break. Agree about Cabella he's starting to understand the PL and not crying every time he's slammed into.

Unless they're chasing the game, I can't see them pushing forward enough for us to take advantage of. They'll be happy enough sitting with Bobby ploughing an isolated path up front, Austin trying to link between midfield and attack. Also, I'm concerned that when we do push forward on the break it'll be Whammo-Willo supplying 90 minutes of confusion for RADAR operators in the North East.

Oh Callum Roberts has been called up to the first team squad for this game. I'd be surprised if he gets named in the final 16, but he's certainly got what has worked for us recently; pace, technique and exuberance.

Should win this which is why it'll probably be a frustrating draw.

We'll be banking heavily on Sissoko again, the amount of space Cabella or Ayoze are able to get will depend on him drawing out defenders the way he's been doing lately.

With Colo, Abeid, Tiote, Aarons missing, and possibly Saylor, combined with Pardew's often questionable starting line-ups, I've got bad feelings about getting a win against 'arry & Barton.

Has Raylor ever been tried at centre-back, I know he's played both full-back positions.

If we're undercooked due to injuries, it may encourage QPR to be assertive about the game. If they are, as Fish's stat at the top notes, they'll be very vulnerable on the counter (which also seems to be our preferred style of play). That said, it's not the end of the world if we lose this, and as long as a good shift is put in I wouldn't necessarily even blame Pardew. We have none of our preferred defenders ready, save for Janmaat.

‪#‎NUFC‬ v QPR (4-3-3): Krul; Janmaat, Williamson, Dummett, Haidara; R.Taylor, Sissoko ©, Colback; Cabella, Perez, Ameobi.

#NUFC subs v QPR: Elliot, Streete, Anita, Gouffran, Armstrong, Ferreyra, Cisse.
I'm assuming he's trying to keep a similar shape with Taylor right mid, Sissoko taking Abeids role with Cabella the most forward of the midfield 3.
Edited by Howay