UKIP and the rise of doublethink.

Park Life

Is this "the truth that dare not speak its name" then?

The human race is a hopeless bunch of fuck ups, forever destined to be in thrall to the basest of behaviour?

Or is it more accurate to say we've evolved to where we are now in spite of and not because of this?...

Psychology would suggest that we can't get away from our primeval instincts. But yes, in spite of it we have it more controlled I reckon. So many studies suggest that even the most philanthropic individuals are still driven by selfish motives (be it they get pleasure, or they feel its necessary for future survival of offspring etc).

Everybody at a base level fears the different , or the unknown, and that's a primer for racism.

It's not racist to try and enforce your culture and language to economic migrants though imo. I've always followed customs of each country I've lived in a at least attempted to use the local language. I feel that England's neglect of this has been a mistake, we are losing identity and culture at an alarming rate imo. But is it all immigration, I think not, TV has a lot of blame.

Chez and Toonpack seem to be suggesting that Hitler and Stalin just couldn't help themselves because "it's just the way of things"?

Not really. We're all descended from animals. Evolution turned us into humans but inside your DNA is an animal. Your brain only became capable of complex social cohesion relatively recently.

Separation and division is built-in but not to the extent that we cant help it. Its instinct, hot a 'hegemonic power structure designed to keep the elite in power'. The elites just play to our nature, that's how they are successful.

Not really. We're all descended from animals. Evolution turned us into humans but inside your DNA is an animal. Your brain only became capable of complex social cohesion relatively recently.

Separation and division is built-in but not to the extent that we cant help it. Its instinct, hot a 'hegemonic power structure designed to keep the elite in power'. The elites just play to our nature, that's how they are successful.

Yeah you got it at fukin last. :lol:

I'd argue its that cooperation combined with the brain development that sets us apart from the rest of the natural world.

All the successful civilisations have had a social conscience as you put it.

All of them?, they maybe had a token social conscious to their won, but subjugated all others to their own ends ??

Additionally all successful empires have eventually fallen, either to a more powerful empire or sometimes a more powerful and less civilised group and then simply imploded.

It'll happen again it's the natural turn of things.

All of them?, they maybe had a token social conscious to their won, but subjugated all others to their own ends ??

Additionally all successful empires have eventually fallen, either to a more powerful empire or sometimes a more powerful and less civilised group and then simply imploded.

It'll happen again it's the natural turn of things.

What does your mate Jesus say about all this?

Because we're nothing like animals if we're made in god's image.

Rubbish.

I happen to believe in God, I also believe God and evolution are not mutually exclusive. Anyway this discussion as about UKIP and the impending doom of western civilisation.

Rubbish.

It's not my paradox. If you have to pick and choose the bits you believe in then maybe you should have a word with yourself.

Or Jesus.

And happy Thanksgiving, Tex.

Rubbish.

I happen to believe in God, I also believe God and evolution are not mutually exclusive. Anyway this discussion as about UKIP and the impending doom of western civilisation.

creationism and evolution doesn't tend to sit well together

creationism and evolution doesn't tend to sit well together

If a creationist lies with an evolutionist as with another creationist, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

It's not my paradox. If you have to pick and choose the bits you believe in then maybe you should have a word with yourself.

Or Jesus.

And happy Thanksgiving, Tex.

If you say so :rolleyes:

Shouldn't you be away trying to become an MP or some such.

So some say, and the so some say not.

Yeah, but it tends to be people who understand evolution that say and people who don't understand and are instead trying to shape and remodel their faith around compelling evidence to the contrary that say not.

If evolution is down to god, why were most of his designs so faulty (over 90% of species are extinct)? Also, why did he use less efficient 'designs' for the way bats fly compared to the way birds fly, even though bats came about millions of years later? Also, what sort of mind comes up with Ophiocordyceps unilateralis? :lol:

If evolution is down to god, why were most of his designs so faulty (over 90% of species are extinct)? Also, why did he use less efficient 'designs' for the way bats fly compared to the way birds fly, even though bats came about millions of years later? Also, what sort of mind comes up with Ophiocordyceps unilateralis? :lol:

George Romero?