UKIP and the rise of doublethink.

Park Life

Don't make me have to point out where all that is wrong Parky.

We can go around the houses on all the EU mouse law but if we can't sign a free trade deal with India with 1.4 million Britains of Indian descent and a common business language...We need to have a good look at what this shit is about. :)

We can go around the houses on all the EU mouse law but if we can't sign a free trade deal with India with 1.4 million Britains of Indian descent and a common business language...We need to have a good look at what this shit is about. :)

GDP of India 1.87 trillion USD. GDP of Europe 16.77 Trillion USD.

Yeah let's ditch Europe for India.

GDP of India 1.87 trillion USD. GDP of Europe 16.77 Trillion USD.

Yeah let's ditch Europe for India.

Comparing one country to the whole EU...

Here is the real comparison.

"By 2020, the combined economic output of three leading developing countries alone -- Brazil, China and India -- will surpass the aggregate production of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States," said the 2013 Human Development Report, prepared by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). BRIC includes Russia as well.

"By 2020, the combined economic output of three leading developing countries alone -- Brazil, China and India -- will surpass the aggregate production of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States," said the 2013 Human Development Report, prepared by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). BRIC includes Russia as well.

You said tlet's deal with India instead. You made the comparison I just added the detail.

GDP of Brazil 2.24 Trillion. Brazil and India only look good because they get lumped in with Chine. On their own they are pretty shit and no reason to leave the EU.

What did the Romans ever do for us?

How about guaranteeing four weeks paid holiday? Basic rights for agency workers? The rights for employees not to be worked into the ground? The right to maintaining your contract should your company change hands? Equality for part time workers? Health and safety protection?

Of course none of this benefits the working class, eh? It's all about the foreigners coming in taking our jobs. You've got an issue with immigration from the EU but that cannot be looked at in isolation. The free movement of people is one of the key pillars that underpins the EU. You take that away then you take away all of it.

What happens if UKIP get their way and we leave the EU? Do the multi-national companies that employ millions up sticks and move to an EU member state? Or does the government try to make Britain a more business friendly nation by eroding employee rights now that those spoil sports in Brussels can't tell them what to do any more. You talk about a race to the bottom, well that's what will happen if we leave the EU.

Well to be honest yes, I'd argue the European Union doesn't benefit the working class on the whole.

I think people have every right to look at mass-immigration in isolation. Nobody voted for it, nobody asked for it, and when people made valid complaints they were mocked, abused and labelled. The free movement of people wasn't that bad in theory, but when it began to involve countries with massive economic differences to the UK, that's when it causes a problem (not just for the UK, but also a shortage of skilled workers in the country of origin).

Regarding the above mentioned rights, they're all great, but to be honest the idea of the EU completely undermining the sovereignty of the UK is backwards, regardless of whether it's for a good reason or for a bad reason. The good could be implemented ourselves once we left the EU - the bad could be fucked off completely. A strong, but non-piss taking trade union movement is what will achieve those rights without the EU.

Why are we pandering to multi-national corporations? We already let them take the piss as it is with their tax arrangements. We wouldn't need a bedroom tax, nor even a mansion tax if these were made to pay even a little bit more, not even their fair share. When it gets to the point that we are allowing faceless, unaccountable TNC's dictate government policy, we should be worried.

A strong, but non-piss taking trade union movement is what will achieve those rights without the EU.

Why are we pandering to multi-national corporations? We already let them take the piss as it is with their tax arrangements. We wouldn't need a bedroom tax, nor even a mansion tax if these were made to pay even a little bit more, not even their fair share. When it gets to the point that we are allowing faceless, unaccountable TNC's dictate government policy, we should be worried.

Please, please take a moment to look at Nigel Farage, his background and everything he stands for, and tell me in what world you think voting UKIP will help achieve strong trade unions and less pandering to corporates and the ultra-rich.

Please, please take a moment to look at Nigel Farage, his background and everything he stands for, and tell me in what world you think voting UKIP will help achieve strong trade unions and less pandering to corporates and the ultra-rich.

:lol:

Cruise-missile-strike-GIF.gif

I'm aware of his background and everything he stands for. He's a cunt like the rest of them.

But voting a red shade of neo-liberalism won't pander to the corporates and mega rich any less - I mean Miliband can't even think of a successful wealth tax ffs, the mansion tax is inherently flawed - a second home tax would be much more workable and fairer.

I'm under no illusions, I don't think UKIP are 'saviours' or anything like that. But I do know they'll oppose mass-immigration (not nearly enough for my liking like, especially not Islamic), and they'll get us out the EU. These are both two massively positive steps in my eyes. Where as Tory/Labour/Lib don't have a single stand out policy that makes me think 'aye, that's a vote winner'.

Besides, even if I was a Labour party member, I'd still be voting UKIP (Really). Massively safe seats are bad and mean the deadwood is shipped up here and the councillors get lazy. I want Labour to fight for my vote. And I'd never be able to bring myself to vote Tory.

Edited by TheDimpleboy

The probem these days is that politicians of all shades are basially careerists (bar a handful) and they see the EU as yet another pasture for them to retire to or be given token jobs in as they move on. It's a dream for the political class most of whom have never worked at a real job a day in their lives. The expenses scandal was a real eye opener as to the nature of these cernts.

You're not doing your "not racist" argument any favours, mind.

And here we have our first example of what I'm taking about. Islam is an idea. I think it's shit. I think all religion is shite, but if I had to put them in order, Islam would rank comfortably at the bottom.

I'm allowed to think ideas are shit. That's ok. That should be encouraged in a post-christian semi-secular democracy.

I have no issue with any individual Muslim, and take to task the 'Britain First' brigade whenever they're making up bullshit anti-muslim propaganda.

But I also have a massive problem with homophobia, misogyny and ultra-conservatism. These three things are pretty prevalent in the Islamic community in the UK, never mind abroad. So why should it be encouraged? I saw a bizarre situation on Facebook when a prominent member of the NE far-left was decrying the Salvation Army for homophobic rhetoric they espoused in the 80's - yet this same individual was happy to associate with extremist Islamists who on their own website stated they believed in death for apostates and gays.

So no, I don't think Islamic immigration is something that I look favorably on. Although I dare say I wouldn't have an issue with it at all if the themes I've just mentioned had been tackled head on at the beginning rather than avoided for 'sensitivity'.

It's a tiny tiny minority DB. It's like 0.05 of the Muslim population of the UK. The papers make a meal out of it cause it's distracting you from the real enemy...You're leaders.

Edited by Park Life

Refusing to vote for the only party who have in their manifesto the ability to deliver exactly what you want :lol:

Ideological warfare on education/teachers isn't what I want.

Real term NHS cuts, with mental health especially being decimated and existing as a skeleton service isn't what I want.

Christopher Grayling's massive balls up with legal aid and prison's isn't what I want.

IDS's sanctions on the most vulnerable in society aren't what I want.

Ideological warfare on education/teachers isn't what I want.

Real term NHS cuts, with mental health especially being decimated and existing as a skeleton service isn't what I want.

Christopher Grayling's massive balls up with legal aid and prison's isn't what I want.

IDS's sanctions on the most vulnerable in society aren't what I want.

Make your mind up mate, you've just told us your big thing is coming out the EU. If it is, vote for Dave. Am sorry for patronising the fuck out of you here like but it seems like your yet to learn that life in general is blatantly unfair to one degree or other for the vast majority of blameless individuals all over the planet and no amount of votes or elections will change a bloody thing. Join the rest of us just be happy you don't live in fuckin Syria.

Edited by PaddockLad

Make your mind up mate, you've just told us your big thing is coming out the EU. If it is, vote for Dave. Am sorry for patronising the fuck out of you here like but it seems like your yet to learn that life in general is blatantly unfair to one degree or other for the vast majority of blameless individuals all over the planet and no amount of votes or elections will change a bloody thing. Join the rest of us just be happy you don't live in fuckin Syria.

I've told you leaving the EU is important to me yes. But for the reason I just listed, and many more, the Tory party couldn't buy my vote.