Newcastle enter Taylor race..

Scottish Mag

Skysports.com understands that Newcastle have entered the race to land Portsmouth's Matthew Taylor, in a deal that could involve Amdy Faye.

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp has conceded that Taylor could be reluctantly sacrificed in order to finance other deals, in a statement that has put a host of other Premiership clubs on red alert.

The talented left sider, who can operate in defence or midfield, has already attracted a firm bid from Fulham for his services but the West London outfit face competition from several other clubs.

It would now appear that Newcastle boss Graeme Souness could be ready to rekindle a long-term interest in Taylor, an admiration he has held since his time at the helm at Blackburn.

Souness tried to lure Taylor to Ewood Park during his spell in the North West and it seems likely he will be in the running to take the player to St James' Park this time.

If Newcastle do enter the competition to sign Taylor then it is understood that Faye could be used in a swap deal, with the Senegalese international already familiar with the South Coast having been signed by Souness from Portsmouth.

Redknapp is well aware of the midfielder's combative qualities during his own time at Portsmouth and he remains an admirer of the 28-year-old.

I'd love Taylor to come here, was disappointed we didn't get him when Pompey got him from Luton and we were linked with him.

Think he's the kind of player who would really shine at a club like ours, dare I say it, like Bellamy did....

Plus he's a fucking legend for that goal against the Mackems! :rolleyes:

we are also being linked with Joey Barton, who I would take no question

81602[/snapback]

Are we??

Future England captain in my opinion. And to think he played for Scunthorpe :lol:

81610[/snapback]

Screaming queen tbh.

81602[/snapback]

Are we??

Future England captain in my opinion. And to think he played for Scunthorpe :lol:

81610[/snapback]

Screaming queen tbh.

81612[/snapback]

Excuse me?

81602[/snapback]

Are we??

Future England captain in my opinion. And to think he played for Scunthorpe :mellow:

81610[/snapback]

Screaming queen tbh.

81612[/snapback]

Excuse me?

81620[/snapback]

Not you, him. Just thought since we're flinging allegations around in this thread, I might as well throw a suitably ludicrous one on the pile. :lol:

Edited by Meenzer

So while we are talking about transfers, how much money do people think we have to spend? Hasn't Shepherd said we have fuck all unless we sell, but selling is now difficult because the squad is paper thin (not that many players we would be willing to sell would fetch much anyway). Given the information in the Finances thread, does anyone seriously think buying Barton is a realistic prospect?

I'd be against it anyway, because the guy is a complete prick, and is unlikely to be a cohesive force in the dressing room. I mean, it was less than a year ago he was stubbing cigarettes out on junior players and 99% of this forum were calling him worse than shit, even connecting him somehow with his brother (must run in the family etc). :lol:

I couldn't give a shit about a player's sexual preference (whether some of the comments in here have substance or not), if he improves our team, get the fucker signed! :lol:

81602[/snapback]

Are we??

Future England captain in my opinion. And to think he played for Scunthorpe :mellow:

81610[/snapback]

Screaming queen tbh.

81612[/snapback]

Excuse me?

81620[/snapback]

Not you, him. Just thought since we're flinging allegations around in this thread, I might as well throw a suitably ludicrous one on the pile. :lol:

81621[/snapback]

Do you think Matt Taylor is gay though, seeing that you should have a better gaydar than the rest of us? :huh:

So while we are talking about transfers, how much money do people think we have to spend? Hasn't Shepherd said we have fuck all unless we sell, but selling is now difficult because the squad is paper thin (not that many players we would be willing to sell would fetch much anyway). Given the information in the Finances thread, does anyone seriously think buying Barton is a realistic prospect?

I'd be against it anyway, because the guy is a complete prick, and is unlikely to be a cohesive force in the dressing room. I mean, it was less than a year ago he was stubbing cigarettes out on junior players and 99% of this forum were calling him worse than shit, even connecting him somehow with his brother (must run in the family etc).  :lol:

81624[/snapback]

Link?

I'd be against it anyway, because the guy is a complete prick, and is unlikely to be a cohesive force in the dressing room. I mean, it was less than a year ago he was stubbing cigarettes out on junior players and 99% of this forum were calling him worse than shit, even connecting him somehow with his brother (must run in the family etc).  :lol:

81624[/snapback]

Link?

81628[/snapback]

Link to what?